We needed a pastoral place to land for a few days after touring Ireland for a few weeks, and Bridget's Cottage was the idyllic place to rest and enjoy the town of Sneem and other historic and ancient sites very close by. Honestly, this beautifully restored cottage felt right at home and was clean and cozy with lots of great books to read by the fire at night. There were fresh eggs and homemade marmalade too! We will be back soon. Thank you Gary and Sue for a restful experience.
It is an exelent place to relax. Surranded by beautiful mountains Ring of Kerry. Clean and cosy cottage. We'll visit again
Wonderful cottage to stay in, with amazing views from enclosed garden and all around. Perfect place to get away from it all and relax. It's completely off the beaten track but worth the drive down the lane. Kitchen is well stocked with utensils and easy to cook in and lovely wood burner makes it very cosy. If you are coming here to spend all the time using wi-fi then this isn't the right place for you, this is the sort of place where you can really switch off from the world. The views are just incredible. Only a couple of minutes drive from Sneem once you get on to the road (10-15 minute drive down lane but you don't need to be a rally driver to navigate it). Loads to see and do nearby, cottage has lots of leaflets and books to read to give you ideas.
The surrounding area is seriously beautiful and this is a great spot to explore from by car. The cottage is well appointed with everything you need, though a little chilly in February. But we loved using the log burner and got warm with the plentiful supply of logs. There wasn't any wifi available, the other reviews mention it being unreliable but we didn't get any internet at all don't count on having any. Owners were really lovely and we were very comfortable and happy. Great value for money.
This and all the other 5 star reviews should speak to the fact that this place is LOVELY, so, in terms of more practical advice...
- easy to get to (just off the R568) and yet feels very remote
- lovely woodburner
- WiFi is a locally provided service and I couldn't get a signal at all - 3G was good though
- plenty of local walking to do (including a track through a forest straight out the front door and down through the farmyard in front of the barn)
- a few attractions were closed because it was off-season (mid Feb) but some were open
- car pretty much essential if you want to make the most of the area
- local Sneem has shop, pubs (with food) and Quills for a few hiking bits and bobs
- Kenmare bigger and better for shops and pubs - Jam excellent place for lunch
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|