“Storybook Cottage”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

HMF24
Haddenham, United Kingdom
“Storybook Cottage”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

This is a charming, comfortable and well furnished cottage. It doesn't feel like a holiday rental but more like a home. The views from the cottage are outstanding - get the camera ready!

The location is very convenient only 3kms to Sneem and just off the road to Moll Gap and Killarney. Mrs O'Sullivan, the proprietor, could not be more helpful and is only a phone call away if needed.

My husband and teen daughter were equally impressed and I couldn't recommended it enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and cottage decor
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
DLeeChlo
Dublin, Ireland
“Quaint, warm, recommended and thoroughly enjoyable”
Reviewed 20 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed in this house last week (11th - 18th Aug) along with my mother and my two girls (six years and 18 months). I have to say we loved the place. The house itself was quaint, homely and full of character. The bedrooms were a good size and all rooms were exceptionally clean.

The lady of the house, Mrs. O’Sullivan, couldn’t have been more welcoming. The house wouldn’t have been easy to find so Mrs. O’Sullivan drove us out and showed us around. The fire was ready to be lit, the cot and highchair were already setup and everything we needed was there waiting for us to make ourselves at home.

The surrounding areas were just breathtaking. The house is aptly named - Ceol Na N’Ean – because we were serenaded each day by a chorus of swallows enjoying the newly harvested field nearby. My children played in the garden every day and loved exploring the grounds. The neighbouring sheep gave my little lady hours of entertainment.

From our home away from home we travelled the Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Kenmare and Glencar. We ate out in Sneem 4 nights out of 7 and each night we visited a different restaurant (I would recommend D O’Shea’s).

If you’re looking for negativity…well the smoke alarm in the kitchen was annoying; it went off every time we used the toaster!

I really was sad to leave this house and the week really wasn’t long enough. I would recommend this house and Sneem to anyone (with or without Children).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The wood burner which we used every night just so we could get the smell of burning turf
Liked least: The kitchen smoke alarm. It went off every time we used the toaster.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing