“Just as We Imagined it.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
insanecar...
Reading, United Kingdom
“Just as We Imagined it.”
Reviewed 16 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

What a smashing property, a renovated Coach house which had been made very comfortable without losing any of it's character.

Mark and Maggie where brilliant, there if need but left us to do our thing, would certainly use the property again if in that region

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: overall peace and quite
Liked least: nothing to dislike
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
pawineguy
Fredonia, New York
“Perfect Stay for Family of 5”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Beautiful property and home. Perfect rental for a family of 5. Nice kitchen, great interior and grounds. Nice small town with pubs and cafe. Should have stayed longer!

Liked best: Quiet and comfortable
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Maura B
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and homely”
Reviewed 19 February 2016 for a stay in August 2015

My family are from Ireland so I decided to bring my own family to see where I went on holiday as a child. Two of my kids are autistic and they loved it. The cottage was so warm and homely with a wonderful open fire, plenty of firewood. Even though the cottage is all stone it was lovely and warm. My son loved it so much he wanted to sleep on the sofa in front of the fire.
Mark and Maggie are very welcoming and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. We also chatted to their youngest daughter they are all so friendly.
I could go on for ever.we loved it that much, that before we left we booked for two weeks this year....and the kids can't wait.
If you are having doubts then don't just go x

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cosyness of the cottage
Liked least: I would like to have more channels on TV as we don't go out every night
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children
Liz V
Santa Monica, California
“A perfect stay in a picturesque village”
Reviewed 17 May 2015 for a stay in May 2013

This warm, charming circa 1700s renovated coach house was a perfect fit for us - comfortable and well equipped, with a cozy fireplace. The grounds are beautiful and include a grass tennis court and a quite friendly cat. The historic coach house has been completely updated while retaining its wonderful rustic charm. Mark and Maggie were wonderful hosts—warm and welcoming and yet respectful of our privacy. The serene and picturesque village of Inistioge, which is a short walking distance from the coach house, was a welcome relief after the throngs of tourists encountered at some of our other stops. We wished we had stayed here longer and can’t wait to come back! The local pub is welcoming and serves a delicious Guinness. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to nearby Woodstock Gardens, which is a 5-minute drive from the coach house. (Note: bring change for parking here!) We also enjoyed our visit to Jerpoint Abbey, just outside Thomastown. Blackberry Café in Thomastown is a good spot for breakfast, and Café del Sol is great for dinner. We truly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful area, and will definitely return to the coach house during our next trip to Ireland.

jane674
County Kilkenny, Ireland
“A special, wonderful place.”
Reviewed 11 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I've had the pleasure of staying in the St. Columb's Coach House for 6 months, mid-Sept 2014 - mid-March 2015. I'm an American writer on an extended stay in Ireland working on a novel. I wanted a cute, quaint, quiet cottage in a small village, and this was exactly the right place.

This Coach House is adorable, the photos posted are completely accurate, except it is better. It has all the amenities you could want, even for a long-term stay. The location is beautiful, with many walking trails along the River Nore and in the surrounding hills. The village of Inistioge has a shop, three pubs, and a small cafe, and the nearby town of Thomastown has everything else you might need, bank, petro, super markets, restaurants, and many fun pubs. For more adventure, Kilkenny Town is about 20-25 minutes away.

I will say that it is necessary to have a car, though there is bus service from Inistioge to Dublin, train service from Thomastown to Dublin. I use the train frequently, but I haven't used the bus, so I can't speak to that.

The owners, Mark and Margaret, are delightful people, and welcomed me completely, helping me adjust to living in a foreign country. They are generous and kind, and available to aid their guests in every way.

Now, if you want a busy, active city, Inistioge isn't for you. But if you want a picturesque quaint Irish village, in a beautifully restored Coach House cottage, with wonderful hosts, then this is your place. I would recommend St. Columb's Coach House, and, if I wasn't moving to another nearby house for a longer stay, I would stay here again.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing