All reviews these apartments top floor stayed here spacious apartment living space secure parking central location within walking distance free wifi and free parking friday morning street noise double windows ironing board coffee making facilities shower gel town centre attending a wedding
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I'd booked two rooms by telephone, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. On arrival there is a private car park to the rear of the building, and a very short distance to reception. The lady at reception was very welcoming and informative. Lift to the second floor saved the tired legs. The room was very spacious with a huge double bed, leather bed settee, separate bathroom with shower, sink and WC. The room was clean and had all the coffee tea making facilities, shower gel and toiletries provided too. This was a budget accommodation with better facilities than some more expensove hotels!

Room Tip: Doesn't provide breakfast but this can be had in the Landmark Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We were attending a wedding in Leitrim and stayed for a night but it was comfortable, spacious and very welcoming. The skylights in the rooms were a great touch, although it does make for a couple bonks of the head if you're not comfortable!

It was a pleasant stay, and the staff were super helpful and friendly. We even tried to change a reservation at a different hotel so we could stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Arrived to find very pleasant receptionist, who happily booked us in and informed us of where was good to eat and drink nearby. Rooms were lovely and clean, had all the facilities you might need... hairdryer, ironing board, soap/shower gel in bathroom etc. The rooms had up to date decor and good amount of space. Within walking distance of lots of restaurants, bars and clubs so excellent location. Car parking onsite which was vital for me. The price was quite reasonable too, especially as I'd booked quite last minute. All interactions with staff were very positive and I've nothing but good things to report. My only niggle was that I felt check-in was a bit late (4pm) while check-out is at 11am (I'm not a morning person lol). I don't know how that compares with other hotels and place to stay in carrick, but it's really the only fault I could find and would be happy to rebook in the future.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Myself my husband and 2 friends stayed here for one night and we and were treated with such bad manners and disrespect!!!

I am absolutely disgusted with the staff and will certainly never return to this establishment.
€175 poorly spent!!!
Do not stay here with the staff that are employed!!!

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank gracekearneyg
Assumpta D, General Manager at Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Grace Kearney,
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we have also received a review under the same profile from a Liam R.
Tommy Galligan booked a standard room for 3 men to include one female, via Booking.com, we decided to upgrade this booking to a two-bedroomed apartment, without extra charge. We also facilitated your early check-in, hours before the three men arrived. My evening receptionist has noted he charged the group a €50 security deposit as he felt there was a large amount of alcohol consumed, and noted copious amounts of alcohol being brought into the building by yourselves. This might I add was returned to you all on departure on Monday morning.
At 3am, on your return to the building, our night porters noticed one of your party, the man with the black shirt and black hair, tried to bring a strange lady, who was NOT part of your group, and NOT a registered guest into the apartment, when he confronted the group one of the men told him it was you, when in fact it wasn’t. Our night porters politely told ye that this lady was not permitted on the premises, was not a guest, and asked her to leave, she and one of the male members of your group left the hotel together during the night and went elsewhere.
At approximately 4am, you came to reception and verbally abused our night porters, because of our rules, he explained to you that strangers trying to come in to our hotel during the night are not allowed to be ‘sneaked’ in, we are most conscious of personal safety to individuals, especially when they are under the influence of alcohol.
Our night porters carry out fire checks, several times during the night, they also police the floors to monitor noisy rooms in order that all our other guests get a restful and quiet night, you may recall he had to knock on the door of your apartment to keep the noise down in the early hours of Monday morning.
It’s unfortunate for your group that you thought our night porters were arrogant, when in fact all they are doing is ensuring your and every other guest safety and comfort is put in place.
Possibly, sometime in the future, when you all may be settled and have families, you will appreciate a night porter’s action’s in adhering to the rules and regulations of his employment when he is presented with a noisy, intoxicated group.
We are most fortunate, to have an excellent team of staff here, who go over and beyond the call of duty to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay, and nothing is too much trouble for them, as can be seen from all our reviews. When someone mistakes that as arrogant and rude, I’m afraid the problem lies with them.
Regards,
Assumpta Doherty,

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with a stag group. And u have to say was fantastic. Spacious comfortable clean apartments and friendly and helpful staff. Would stay here again and recommend for anyone want to explore the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Assumpta D, General Manager at Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our apartments met your expectations. I will pass on your kind words to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Carrick Plaza Suites soon again.
Warm regards,