“The Best Fillet Steak in Kinsale”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Kinsale
Price range: USD 15 - USD 41
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A dedicated Steakhouse using dry aged Hereford or Angus beef. Informal dining in a stunning building.
Reviewed 29 April 2017

My wife and I are lucky to have dined at the Steak House on a number of occasions.
The food is second to none, very cosy athmosphere, the owners and staff are very friendly. Should you order a steak, it will be exactly as ordered together with beatufilly cooked veg too. There is also a good selection of wines to whet your apetite.
Local man, Nick, looks after us and makes us feel a home. The open fire is very welcoming on those wintry nights.

5  Thank Michael A

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Just before my friend's wedding he booked us in here having been before and he had set our expectations quite high.
He raved about the place for a few weeks so I was really looking forward to this place. It's located on the street beggin behind Fishy Fishy and pretty central in Kinsale.
The staff were very helpful and we had zero turnaround time between courses.

With a name like "The Steakhouse" all 5 of us ordered steak for the main course and they were excellent it has to be said. I had the 12oz fillet but it had to be a lot larger than that. All of us found the menu to underestimate the steaks, but in a good way as they were all pretty generous sized steaks.
The porterhouse steak looked delicious and their big hitter "The Fred Flintstone", a whopping 28 ouncer looked like a piece of work cut from the end of a railway sleeper. It was the largest I've ever seen but that's besides the point as it was the quality and not the quantity of the food that impressed us the most.

It being Kinsale I had to have the Calamari starter that looked tempting on the menu and I'm glad that I did. It was one of the nicest I've had in years and I considered ordering a second helping only that I always get 2 starters and wanted to leave room for the main meal.

It was a lovely evening with the group before the groom's big day and we spent an hour chatting over some of their great ales and coffees.

A great spot that I'll visit again with my wife in the future for certain.

4  Thank Will C
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Knowing we were arriving in Kinsale on a Saturday and anticipating seafood meals many nights, we made a reservation at The Steakhouse from the US by email. The response was prompt and friendly, an indication of the service we would receive when we arrived. Our steaks were tender, sides delicious. The interior was warm and welcoming. We were glad we had thought to make a reservation, the restaurant was very busy with local customers, always a good sign! Plus a pleasant walk from our bed and breakfast.

5  Thank Beech05
Reviewed 22 April 2017

This is a lovely little place. Cozy atmosphere, wonderful staff. The food was fantastic. The ribs were especially good, and the desserts are worth making room for!

4  Thank Kristi J
Reviewed 20 April 2017

The meal was EXCELLENT! Ambiance was incredible, and the owners and wait staff were very friendly and accommodating!
Highly recommend!