“Best scone in Ireland”

Old Bank Town House Cafe
Ranked #30 of 81 Restaurants in Kinsale
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Trust me, I tried most all of them. From town to town, and the ladies at Old Bank Café have it right. So much flavor, and just delicious. The cakes also looked perfect, and I wish I had more time to try them all. But go here and try the scones!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Nice ambience. Lots of lovely treats and goodies. Wonderful place to stop at for lunch or a treat. Reasonable prices. Nice service. Siobhan and Maria are lovely!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Lovely coffee and amazing choice of cakes - and all staff lovely and made you feel very welcome - a must to call in if you are in Kinsale

Reviewed 14 April 2016

We found this place completely by accident. We'd driven to Kinsale for a day out when we were staying in Clonakilty (my wife decided we had driven too far to not see any other local towns - which she regretted when the sat-nav sent us via roads with grass growing up the middle!).

As usual, our daughter was "starving" by the time we arrived so we needed to find somewhere to eat.

Beautiful cafe - great choice and the food was excellent. Our daughter particularly enjoyed her hot chocolate.

The pancakes were delicious, and my eggs benedict (only the second time I'd ever ordered this) was awesome!

Unfortunately as we live in County Down and this place is about as far away from us as you can get in Ireland, it will be a while before we return, but if you are in the area - definitely go find this place and you will be glad you found it!

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Had brunch here with some friends, all ordered different items from the menu. Some interesting choices available. Mexican pancake was excellent as was the hot chocolate. Scrambled eggs were very creamy but the salmon was tasteless. It was strange that the eggs ordered with the sausage & bacon sandwich arrived separately 5 mins later. Friendly staff, nice decor, could be a little claustrophobic on a busy day.