“Fabulous ”
Review of High Tide Kinsale

High Tide Kinsale
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Kinsale
Price range: USD 16 - USD 28
Description: Located in 1840's building close to where the high tide reached in Kinsale in olden times. Decorated to reflect the town's nautical connections and maritime tradition. The menu features locally sourced ingredients and each dish is prepared to order by chef Ross. Most dishes gluten free and vegetarian available(+ notice) The business is owned and run by a local family. You will receive a warm welcome at High Tide Open 12-3for coffee and lunch and 6-9. for dinner. credit cards accepted.Wifi
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

This is a warm homely restaurant with a lovely atmosphere created by authentic down to earth staff.

We booked through a lady who was the owner and explained her son was the chef. We had a nice conversation while booking and that set the tone for our experience which was faultless.

I think it was John who seated us and looked after us for the night. He honestly couldn’t do enough for us.

My wife had the calamari to start which was beautiful and I had Pâté which was good also.

For mains, I had Atlantic prawns scampi which were truly delicious.

My wife had the thai curry, which at Johns suggestion, added the prawns too. It really was excellent.

I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is warm, engaging and the food is mainly local and of the highest quality.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Cllr Daithí d

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Spending two days recently in Kinsale I decided to try High Tide for lunch. The interior of the restaurant, the decor, the layout and the lighting appealed to me. I was short on time and ordered the Chowder which arrived promptly I can honestly say it was the best chowder I’ve ever had Served with the most delicious soda bread homemade by The chef who is An ex -Baker And this is evident when you taste it. I returned later for dinner and enjoyed a delicious meal including a generous portion of monkfish. The salad with my first course was beautifully dressed and more amazing soda bread with a slab of local butter. Lemon cheesecake was delectable. The wine list is well chosen and interesting and my Chilean Sauvignon blanc was excellent. I had to return for more chowder the following day before leaving Kinsale.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We got a bit of grief from some locals at choosing this place over a few others - notably Black Pig and Fishy Fishy - possibly High Tide is frequented more by tourists but the others were booked. For the price you pay this is by far the best option though. Incredibly friendly and efficient service. Everything we tried tasted outstanding.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, ambience, and service. There were eight of us, and a great time was had by all. The steaks were cooked perfectly, and the fish dishes were fresh and delicious. We had a variety of wonderful desserts which we shared.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This quaint, small, decadent spot was perfect. Only 8 or 9 tables so I’m sure the wait can get long but it’s worth it. Some of the best mussels I’ve ever had in my life and the wine was delicious. Staff was delightful. Highly recommend.