“Decent views across the Inlet.”
Review of Trident Hotel

Trident Hotel
Ranked #12 of 80 Restaurants in Kinsale
Price range: USD 24 - USD 32
Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Trident is a 4* hotel on the water front in the historic town of Kinsale. The Wharf Tavern is our popular casual dining area with internal and external sitting areas, specialising in locally sourced produce from land and sea and also local breweries and distilleries. Breakfast is served in our waterside Pier One restaurant which is also available for private dining.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had approximately 12 people in our party and all our rooms had water views. It looked a little Old from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised by the generous and modern sized well appointed rooms. The room amenities were more than satisfactory.
It had a g large seperate private lounge area on the first floor for the paying guests, good for a get together with our travelling party.
Some good hot breakfast choices on the menu. I particularly enjoyed my Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon. Also a good fruit, cheese and small goods selection.
Only a 8 to 10 minute walk to the centre of town. Also adjacent was a Restaurant and bar. Ample parking.
Totally enjoyed the stay.

GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bruno035,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent stay.

We are delighted that you and your traveling companions enjoyed your time with us and particularly the views from your rooms.

Thank you for your nice comments on our breakfast choices and our Schooner Lounge on the first floor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful hotel.Our rooms were spotless with lovely views of the harbour.Very comfortable beds.All the staff were friendly, especially at breakfast.Which the choice of food was great .and so nice .Had drinks in the bar ,very reasonable for a hotel.All in all ,loved my stay and will return.Keep up the great work .

GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear chinoross2018,

Thank you very much for your very nice review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel many times (at least twice a year) and always find it excellent. This time we stayed in one of the rooms with a balcony. It was excellent. As usual room was spotless, staff very friendly, room was warm and comfortable and we will be back.

Food is always excellent.

Paddy Fitzpatrick

Dear Paddy,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and as a regular find it always excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Wonderful room with spectacular views over the harbour. Room spotless & very well equipped .Bed extremely comfortable . Great breakfast with plenty of choice. Really enjoyed our meals in the Wharf Tavern. All Staff very friendly. Can`t wait to return!

GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Trident Hotel and Kinsale.

We're delighted that you chose Kinsale and the Trident for your birthday treat! We do appreciate you lovely comments about your room, meals and staff - many thanks.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I went to Ireland two years ago and discovered Sticky Toffee Pudding. I returned last week only to find that many places no longer offer it. While in Cobh, a local pointed me towards The Trident so I could get my fix. It was amazing! My companions and it had the Pudding with some Irish Coffee. If you’re in the area, be sure to check this out.

GHCMcE, General Manager at Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Lori B,

Thank you for your great review of your Sticky Toffee Pudding Experience!

I am delighted that you discovered Sticky Toffee and equally delighted that someone in Cobh was aware of our reputation for desserts and sent you to us. I'm glad that it met your expectations!

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit in the near future.