“Superb food & service”

Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Having just walked out of another Kinsale restaurant after a 45 minute wait for 3 open sandwiches, we were pleasantly greeted, seated and served within 5 minutes of our order.
Very pleasant staff - very fresh & tasty open Smoked Salmon & Langoustine sandwich.
No problem arranging a lovely take-out sandwich for my 91 year old dad ( too exhausted to get out of the car again after his trials in the previous restaurant).
Do not overlook this Hotels Bar & Restaurant - a gem.
We'll be back.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Kinsale is a beautiful place and the Trident hotel is a perfect location. We had a room with a view of the harbor. I only wish the weather had been better to enjoy the sites.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The Trident hotel has recently be redecorated. The result is very tastefully! The view of our room was fantastic, it was like we were almost in the harbour. Breakfast was also very good, with nice staff. So we are very satisfied with this hotel.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday dinner. Staff were very accommodating and service was very good and friendly too. Ordered the roast beef which was all very tasty but very disappointed to see / taste that the Yorkshires appeared to be of the frozen variety rather than homemade. Other than that, everything was lovely and it is in a great location.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I spent a recent Thursday evening just re-connecting with Kinsale and noticed a number of new businesses or change of type on the upper main street behind the town park. There is a lovely seating area out near the bridge and a new or expanded RNLI station beside The Trident. After spending some time walking around Kinsale I decided to go into The Trident just for a coffee as I had eaten earlier in The Shack. The lads in the bar were fine and I sat down with my cup of coffee by a corner window admiring the relaxing view of the still harbour water on a lovely calm evening. On leaving afterwards I noticed a nice outdoor seating area at the edge of the car park by the waters edge. I would recommend both the Trident Hotel and Kinsale as a place to visit even if you are not part of the sailing community because its worth a look and there are plenty of alternatives on offer including a lovely beach a short distance away in Garretstown or the statute a lot of us though was moving some years ago in nearby Ballinspittle. Pat McEnroy Carrigaline & Limerick City.