“Kinsale Fish & Chips”

Blue Haven Collection
Ranked #27 of 77 Restaurants in Kinsale
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This was the month of finding best fish & chips in Kinsale...seafood restaurant in the Blue Haven was a good option. Late afternoon was no problem finding a table and following our order the food arrived fairly quickly. Nicely presented and altogether very good, fish was fresh and in a very good crispy batter. Wife as a veggie was somewhat stumped as there were few options for her and eventually put together a meal from the menu sides. Fairly expensive at €33.80 for our two fish plates and €48.40 all in and drinks but well worth a visit...

1  Thank ExpatKL88

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We couldn't find seating on a Saturday night in the bar area, but did get a table in the dining room. Our dinners were excellent, service was good.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This is a very nice food and beverage establishment. We were served by a trainee who was very knowledgeable and did a great job. The dining area is very smart resembling the lounge on a ship. The food however was disappointing. The seafood chowder was really vegetable soup. Mainly onion potato and I think carrot. Might have been pumpkin. A few small pieces of smoked white fish and a tiny morsel of smoked salmon. The pate looked great and was well presented but failed in the taste department .

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We went here for a breakfast and eagerly awaited our food as we were hungry.

I was not trying to be controversial but I just fancied an organic sausage sandwich.

When it arrived I was greater with two stale untoasted white slices, unbuttered and with two over cooked sausages inside. No sauce and a kinda rude manner from the waiter.

I asked for butter so I could do it myself but decided against doing their job for them and sent it back.

I have eaten here before and it has been ok.

Never again

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Very nice bar in downtown Kinsale. Quiet and plush--it's a great place to listen to traditional music in a more relaxed and comfortable atmosphere than some of the other pubs on the street.