“Not my kind of pub, but...”

Molly's Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Clonakilty
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I'm a "pint of Guinness in the snug" kind of person so this is not my kind of pub.
But full credit to Molly's because this is exactly the kind of place that makes Clonakilty what it is.
You have to give it a go.

1  Thank Ray F
DenaOD, Owner at Molly's Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Many thanks for your review... mind you..... Molly's is defo not a pub... ( no bar counter to speak of !!!! )... It's a Wine Bar and Café !!!! But glad you enjoyed it and took the time to review it !!!! Hope to see you back here some evening soon... we could bring a pint of draught Guinness over from the hotel for you and you could relax in a deep armchair !!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Lovely casual comfy wine bar in a great location. You simply select your wine from the vast selection at the adjacent off-license and just pay €4 corkage! Food-wise there are platters, bruschetta, hummus, garlic bread, nachos and more to nibble on. Friendly helpful staff.

DenaOD, Owner at Molly's Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and giving us a positive review. We are continuously striving to improve and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Sitting in Molly’s as I write this review as I have been for the 4 nights I spent in Clonakilty. An absolutely amazing place to sit with a very nice glass or two of Pinot Grigio. Service is excellent, staff so friendly and efficient it just makes you want to stay all night. I’m afraid I didn’t try anything but the wine but I believe from talking to other people while sitting outdoors that coffee and food was also excellent. Unfortunately have to go home tomorrow and will miss my nights in Molly’s. Til the next time

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Great place for food or drink! Excellent range of craft beers both Irish and international. Lovey relaxed layout for seating and a really friendly waitress. Delightful visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We popped in for a drink and a bite to eat! What a hot spot in clonakilty! Couldn’t recommend more! Meadbh was such a funny and genuine girl! She let us tailor the menu because we were fussy eaters. She gave us great local advice and even taught us a few irish phrases! What a laugh we had and the food was so tasty and reasonably priced! 10****