“Wonderful!”
other travellers have booked this property
Sitting Room with patio doors Red Strand and Galley Head in the distance
Captain's Room
Bathtub in Cathedral Room
Ensuite Bathroom
Studio Bathroom
Dining room with concertina doors to patio
You've Arrived!
In olden times, the bell was rung to summon the seven gardeners of Dunowen House to work
Happy Times
Horse Riding at Dunowen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

donettak2...
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Dunowen House is absolutely beautiful. The home and its surrounding are perfect for a relaxing, soothing getaway or a large, special event party. I found it to be a perfect blend of the old and new, elegance and comfort. I brought 13 of my family members, ranging in age from 12 to 71 and every single person loved it. We were beyond thrilled.

As wonderful as this was I must save my highest praise for Kela. This delightful young woman went above and beyond to make certain our stay was all we hoped it would be. When I had a minor medical emergency, she was right there to make certain I received all the care I needed. Her assistance and concern were genuinely appreciated.

If you have the opportunity to stay at Dunowen house, go! You will not be disappointed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Jul 2016
While we absolutely love your feedback about Dunowen, the fact that you called me a "young woman" tops it all! :-) That just made my day!! We were more than happy to help you out and make sure you were in safe medical hands, absolutely no trouble to us at all. You have such a lovely family and we were delighted to host you all during your recent visit to Ireland. We wish you all the very best and hope you will keep in touch. Kela & Stephen
patsy888
County Kilkenny, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 17 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I was on that same hen party in May and it was fabulous,everything and anything you wanted was in the house.The owners are very helpful and polite.Rooms are amazing all on suite ,very spacious,even wood for the fire was supplied.its definetly one to be recommended and hopefully we will be back.Thank you for a lovely week end in west cork

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 May 2016
Many thanks for taking the time to post your lovely review. We'd be happy to welcome you back any time to enjoy more of the delights of West Cork & please do spread the word!! Best wishes, Kela & Stephen
KilkennyG...
Kilkenny
“Hen Weekend”
Reviewed 17 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I booked Dunowen House as a surprise for my sister's hen. To say it was an amazing stay was an understatement. Loads of space for all of us, and every part of the house was amazing. Stephen and Kela are on hand if you need anything. We all had a fantastic weekend and would certainly book again, for any occasion.

18 May 2016
Delighted that the house lived up to expectations and that you were so happy with your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, no matter what the occasion! Many thanks, Kela & Stephen
sunshine...
Tralee, Ireland
“Hen Party”
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I headed down with 22 girls for my hen party in Dunowen. It had been all arranged by my bridesmaids so I didn't know where we were staying until the day. Dunowen house absolutely blew me away. The house is gorgeous, really nicely decorated and really comfortable. We took over the house and began to relax straight away. We had dinner cooked for us that night which everyone agreed was delicious. The stove was burning in the living room which was impossible to leave. All the beds were comfortable and plenty of hot water for 18 girls (which can be difficult!) The next day a few headed off to the beach and some more lounged around the house. We had the little cottage beside it as well which I heard was very comfortable and looked very cute when I visited it. The owners came over to light the stoves again and then let us be. We really had such an enjoyable weekend then.
All in all I'd have absolutely no reservations in recommending Dunowen for a hen party/family gathering/group away. The only problem people will find is trying to get a weekend the house is actually available to rent but I feel it's going to get more and more popular.

Thanks so much for a wonderful weekend.

4 May 2016
Thanks so much for your lovely feedback and review, we very much appreciate it. Best wishes for the wedding and hope you will come back to visit us again.
Kela & Stephen
burnsLime...
limerick
“Stunning venue for any occasion”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Dunowen House is simply beautiful. A lovingly restored property with stunning views and minutes from the beach, I could not recommend this property highly enough. We were a hen party of 19 and the property was ideal for our weekend.
While Kela and Steve live on the same land, the property is absolutely yours for the weekend. We only saw the owners when they popped in on the Saturday morning to light the fire for us and cook us a gorgeous late lunch on Saturday afternoon. The food was delicious, all home grown or locally sourced and Kela was happy to work around our requirements (lots of hangover fare required!).
Every room in the house is stunning and spacious. Loads of room for a party or family reunion. We also had use of the recently renovated cottage next door, which was equally quaint and beautifully decorated.
As it's out in countryside you don't have to worry about disturbing the neighbours, however it's still within a couple of miles from Clonakilty which is a great town to go out in. You can arrange a local bus or taxi very easily (I think Kela can do this for you).
I could not recommend the house highly enough, it will not disappoint!

Travelling group: Friends
14 Apr 2016
Many thanks for your very kind feedback and your recommendations. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see you at some stage again in the future. Best wishes for the wedding and have a wonderful day. Kela & Stephen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing