“Nice variety and taste”
Review of The Auld Triangle

The Auld Triangle
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Macroom
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Auld Triangle is located in Macroom. As well as dining in Dans Bar guests can also book Nights Restaurant for functions. We are open for brunch, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Was so happy that the Triangle was down the street from our hotel and I was in need of a new menu. Enjoyed lunch and dinner and enjoyed both meals. Thank you Triangle!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank casjosh

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I regularly visit this restaurant. Every time we have dinner here it is very good quality food and service . I often have the beef burger they have and it’s delicious . Staff are always very kind , friendly and helpful

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank clairek21
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Nice buzz when we entered, found nice cosy corner beside stove, no sooner seated & were welcomed by staff, who presented us with menus & outlined the specials. Offered us drinks while we browsed the menus, staff nice & chatty when returned with drinks, took order. We had soup which was absolutely scrumptious & the home made brown bread was only to die for. Mains arrived 12 mins after finishing ''starter'' which was perfect & again staff were excellent. Steak melted in mouth accompanied by pepper sauce, mash delightful & veg were delightfully presented on side bowl. Chips came a few minutes later & were piping hot, again scrumptious. Prawns just perfect, served with a well presented salad & mini bucket of chips. Skipped dessert but had the coffee & chilled out while we sipped it & no pressure to leave the table. A nice ambience about the restaurant, found the staff very helpful & friendly. Took a trip to the rest rooms & was very pleasantly surprised to see plenty of cubicles, spacious & the decor was very nice. Can't wait to go back & would have no problem recommending The Auld Triange to friends.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank NightOwl58
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We were in Macroom for a funeral and decided to eat at the Auld Triangle as a lot friends had of positive things to say about it. As this was our first time here we are unsure if we eat in the extended bar area or the restaurant. The choice was poor and really limited , now please excuse I can be a fussy eater so I will always give the benefit of doubt to the restaurant that I am the problem and not them. However in this case we ordered a mixture of hot food and sandwiches. We did ask for no mayonnaise on the sandwich and low and behold on arrives the sandwich with dollops of mayonnaise. Another party member ordered the burger with bacon but when it arrived it was the most greasy burger ever seen and the grease was all over the bum and it was disgusting in fact about quarter of the burger went back. Being honest would give the Auld Triangle another go and just put it down to a bad experience because let’s face it we not all prefect all of the time.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Service beyond slow, hardly the fault of waiting staff who were beyond helpful. Food horrific, food that was served to me was severely burnt. I returned it and the latter served to me wasn’t much better. Despite waiting over an hour and twenty mins, for my food to be re cooked, I was informed others ordered starters and more or less that’s why my burger wAs burnt. N regards to all food served, veg had to be asked for to accompany mains. Most disappointing. As other dishes were also cold

Date of visit: January 2018