“Unsure of Standard”
Review of The Auld Triangle

The Auld Triangle
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Macroom
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Auld Triangle is located in Macroom. As well as dining in Dans Bar guests can also book Nights Restaurant for functions. We are open for brunch, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We were in Macroom for a funeral and decided to eat at the Auld Triangle as a lot friends had of positive things to say about it. As this was our first time here we are unsure if we eat in the extended bar area or the restaurant. The choice was poor and really limited , now please excuse I can be a fussy eater so I will always give the benefit of doubt to the restaurant that I am the problem and not them. However in this case we ordered a mixture of hot food and sandwiches. We did ask for no mayonnaise on the sandwich and low and behold on arrives the sandwich with dollops of mayonnaise. Another party member ordered the burger with bacon but when it arrived it was the most greasy burger ever seen and the grease was all over the bum and it was disgusting in fact about quarter of the burger went back. Being honest would give the Auld Triangle another go and just put it down to a bad experience because let’s face it we not all prefect all of the time.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Service beyond slow, hardly the fault of waiting staff who were beyond helpful. Food horrific, food that was served to me was severely burnt. I returned it and the latter served to me wasn’t much better. Despite waiting over an hour and twenty mins, for my food to be re cooked, I was informed others ordered starters and more or less that’s why my burger wAs burnt. N regards to all food served, veg had to be asked for to accompany mains. Most disappointing. As other dishes were also cold

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Went in as a group and a our tables were waiting for us. Place was packed but didnt have to wait for the food.

Tasty and menu had a great selection. Going back again.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We went here as a big group on Sunday last the food was lovely real proper food and everyone enjoyed it...the problem we had was the staff first of all there was to many of them..they were all falling over each other..then 5 of us out of 10 went out for a cigarette and when we came back in a pint of water a pint of coke and 2 pints of Guinness were gone off the table.when I said it the young man at the bar threw he's eyes up to heaven and tutted...we taught that was bad customer service..we did get the drinks replaced free of charge...it's a shame this happened cause I visited here 4 months ago and there was a different vibe...but at the end of all that I would return for the lovely food but they don't need to reduce staff or else train them slightly better cause as I said they were falling over each other...we would all recommend here to eat as the food is the nicest around...

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Before choosing "the Ould Triangle" we took a walk around Macroom to see what was on offer in the other restaurants, we decided on "The Oud Triangle" because they had the best variety on their menu.

We were welcomed into a nice warm pub/restaurant, fairly busy, but plenty of attentive staff.

I had the lamb shank, it was very tasty, and my partner had the T bone steak, we both thoroughly enjoyed our food, it was both tasty and plentiful.

for dessert I had the key lime pie and my partner had the sherry trifle, once again, both delicious.

I'd recommend The Ould Triangle, it's a warm welcoming place for food.