“3.star hotel with 5 star service nice location needs upgrade ,,reasonable”
Review of White Sands Hotel

White Sands Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Portmarnock
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We have enjoyed our stay found freindly people .Great staff good food .Good location to travel from.Still needs upgrade. But very Reasonable!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea Front Rooms AreLarger
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 February 2012

excellent well decorated rooms, deep bath , pleasant and helpful staff , convenient to superb beach and two golf courses, and airport c 3km to dart and rail to city centre

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mcarch
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just back from a great Saturday night stay at White Sands Hotel in Portmarnock. Our party of four stayed in two lovely rooms, warm and cozy with all the amenities you would need. We enjoyed a tasty but inexpensive meal in the Oasis bar attached to the hotel along with a few drinks and ended the night in Tumangos nightclub. All hotel staff were polite and helpful and the front of the hotel has a fantastic view of Portmarnock strand. A nice relaxing walk up the beach in the morning worked wonders on the morning after hangover. Overall a great stay, we will definitely return to the White Sands.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat131
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We booked a room for a weekend getaway, but it turned out to be a failure because of the bad conditions in the hotel. The receptionists are not very nice ladies. the heat in the room was unbelivable, the heaters were constantly on, we opened the small window but we still felt lile in a sauna all night. We didn t sleep all night because of the party going on in the next 3 or 4 rooms, full of noisy ladies in thier 50's, laughing, shouting, etc. there is no noise insolation, everything going on in the other rooms is very clear, there are noises coming from upstairs, toilets and everywhere around the room. We wanted to leave the hotel in the middle of the night it was that bad. there s a night club beside the hotel and many of them spend the night in the hotel, continuing the party in the rooms. the breakfast was a joke, people were unhappy this morning about the food, very greasy and untasty, overcooked or undercooked. very poor cleanliness. i wouldn t recommend the hotel to anyone, except for a one night stand, that s why the hotel is beside the club anyway....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mamuta H
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel on New Year’s Eve just gone. On the way to our room there was a tray in the corridor, and by the look of food, it appeared that it had been there for quite some time. I was a bit concerned by the thumping loud music coming from the room next door to ours, but was hopefully it would die down… more about that later. The room was basic and could do with some updating, especially the shower curtain which I practically had a fight with just to have a shower! But I thought, it’s only for one night, it will be fine. We went to the bar where we enjoyed the band that was playing. We returned to the room a few hours later and were woken up by the earlier mentioned loud music at around 3.30am! Two calls down to the night porter and it was finally turned down. We were woken quite early the next morning with banging doors from other rooms, needless to say we didn’t feel like we had a nights sleep at all!! On checking out the next day we passed the ever decaying tray of food… yes it was STILL there at midday. I mentioned to the receptionist the about the loud music, banging doors, disrupted sleep, tray in corridor etc., and followed this up with an email to the hotel which went unanswered. I emailed for a second time to which the manager called me and offered me a complimentary upgrade the next time I stayed there. She said she would post information to me… which I’m still waiting for, despite yet another email to her. Something tells me customer service and their views may not be a priority for this hotel. I don’t think I’ll be parting with my hard earned cash anytime soon to see if things have improved… upgrade or no upgrade… (if I ever receive it in the post…. Which I doubt!) I feel it may not be worth taking the chance!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sinead967
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portmarnock
0.7 km away
2.0 km away
Island View Hotel
Island View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Malahide

Been to White Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!