All reviewsher husbandstar hotelapple pienext morningmini fridgeon arrivaltop classarts festivala real treathighly recommend this b bmade us feelbottled watertea coffeestayed one nightbiscuitsthe ownerbrenda
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I was in Boyle with a pal for the Arts Festival. We had an overnight in Rosdarrig B&B, which is just a few minutes drive outside of Boyle town - we walked in and out in 10 minutes. The owners Brenda and Gerry made us feel so welcome that we wished we had booked a 2 night stay. As you approach the house you can't help but be impressed by the stunning garden. I couldn't stop complimenting Brenda on her beautiful house/home, and we were equally happy when we saw our comfortable rooms. The bedrooms are bright, warm, spotless, and you've no noisy street traffic to contend with. Plus, tea/coffee/biccies with kettle are provided. There is a tv in bedroom, so you've that option before you retire for the night. Breakfast next morning was delicious - organic produce - and there were many choices. I'm a coffee fiend, so was delighted to be offered numerous refills. The cost for this lovely stay was €50, brilliant value for money! I found the people of Boyle to be like Rosdarrig B&B, warm and welcoming, so I look forward to returning to Brenda and Gerry's personable B&B!!

Room Tip: If not totally mobile, consider that access to rooms is only by stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I had a very nice stay here in July. The room was very nice and the bathroom very spacious. This will vary greatly by room. I wok up to see cows grazing outside in the neighboring field. It was a very relaxing stay. Easy to find from the road. Local sites are close and easy to find.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This was an excellent b&b with brilliant service and accommodation. The setting was great, fantastic breakfast and warm welcome - I will certainly stay there again.

The location is brilliant for visiting the surrounding countryside.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week in June at this superb B&B in Boyle. The location is very convenient for N4 and N5 but in a lovely peaceful spot just on the outskirts of the town. Our room was spotless, a good size, very comfortable and extremely well equipped with queen size bed, beautiful quality bedding, tea, coffee, biscuits, bottled water and mini fridge. There was also a very good selection of toiletries, bath robes, hair drier, trouser press, iron, all in all the standard you would find in a 5 star hotel. Although it overlooked the road it was very quiet with beautiful views.
The owner, Brenda goes out of her way to make visitors feel welcome, with tea and cake on arrival and a fantastic selection of hot and cold food at breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble for her, she is very warm and friendly without being intrusive and she ensures guests have a wonderful experience in her B&B. The quality of the food is excellent, everything is cooked freshly to order using high quality ingredients. Tara as well goes out of way to make guests feel at home particularly at breakfast time. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Our room was generously sized with a Queen and 2 single beds in it - apparently it was the family room. It had a pleasant outlook. Brenda, her husband and Gerry were all very nice to deal with. Both our room and the breakfast room were lovely and light. Our breakfast was delicious - fruit, toast, jams and a hot plate of food (cereal was also available). Although we found the stairs a bit narrow and steep, both Gerry and his father helped us with our luggage, which was appreciated. Gerry provided a good recommendation for our dinner.

Some minor negatives: there was some confusion over our dietary requirements (previously advised) but luckily we had our own bread with us. The stairs to some of the rooms (incl. ours) were narrow and steep. The bathroom fan was very noisy. The coffee was very weak, even when re-made stronger. Despite these minor negatives, we would recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: There is a room on the ground floor but guests descending the stairs have to pass right by it.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple