All reviewskids clubmary clarkelovely hotelself servicefamily roomroast chickenwedding receptiontennis courtsbar foodrooms are hugegolf coursewedding guestsevening mealfamily breakwould highly recommend this hotelfood was lovelyhoneymoon suite
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Stayed here with a friend and we both loved the location and the hotel itself. The food was also amazing but the only thing I continue to think about and have told people about was the service, and not so much the service while there but afterwards. I stupidly lost my camera while in the hotel, went to reception to let them know (both girls were very unhelpful and I felt like I was just putting them out by asking anything about it) and if they came acorss I asked that they call, of course I called them myself and they said they would check and call back, after leaving 8 messages I still have not heard back. Once you have paid they don't seem to really care, which in the current climate I think is very silly, I for one won't be going back and certainly won't be reccommending it to anyone I know. I have already changed one group of friends minds about staying there for a weekend. I do think the after care is as important as the service while there. I just felt frustrated with them after it, all it would of taken was a phone call back to say it had not been found.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank mondayblues
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This is an excellent four star hotel its bedrooms rooms are spotless and spacious and the hotel is very luxjurious. Staff are very helpfull and friendly The meals are excellent and come with a great choice of menu . The town of Ballina is just a ten minute drive away with a bus service passing the door and the beach is just a stroll awaw from the hotel and is located in a small seaside village. W e will definitely be back as we enjoyed it very much

Armagh Group

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 20 October 2009

My room was broken into in the middle of the night by someone who had a valid cardkey for our room. I woke up and shouted at the man and he ran off. I reported this to the hotel reception twice and they did not seem to be too bothered.

Also the wireless internet access does not work in the rooms only in the lobby

Stayed: October 2009
8  Thank Stubert95
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Enniscrone Golf Course is one of the top 10 golf courses in Ireland and the Diamond Coast Hotel is right across the street! The hotel is top notch for location, fun, food & fellowship! The rooms are posh. The breakfast is hardy & the bar area is hopping. There is no better place in the area for a wedding as well. Any traveling golfer in the Northwest part of Ireland needs to stay here for a few days to play Enniscrone, County Sligo, Donnegal & even Carne which is only a couple hours away.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This hotel has so much potential. Location is in a beautiful town, next door to a great golf course, Furnished to the apparent 4* standards, however it seems that this hotel is not managed to its full potential.

I arrived at the hotel and there was so many spare parking spots available I was spoiled for choice. I could not understand why however a vehicle has decided to akwardly park on the footpath outside the door. Then after i left the car, I spotted another car parking beside this other car. When i reached reception, the owner of this car followed me into the foyer and went behind the check-in desk, Seems like this person was management as they were getting a briefing from staff and the handy man (as I was waiting to check-in). This seemed to be the 'staff parking area' as the following day the cars were parked here also with the same akwardness. I cannot understand why the staff couldnt park the extra 5/10 meters away from the front door as the weather on that day was beautiful.

When booked this hotel at a rate of €89 for B&B for 1 night. Although i checked in about 2pm there was nobody around the beautifully decorated foyer. On check in I was told that there was WiFi available, however I would have to call to reception to get the access cards (See later saga!)

The room was beautifully decorated with high quality furnishings and a beautiful bathroom! We asked for a seaview however the receptionist told me that the hotel didnt really have a seaview as there was holiday challets built behind it and the rooms facing the front were much larger. The room we checked into was MASSIVE! You could have easily fitted another double bed into the spare space in the room. TV was also huge (at the other end of the room). Would be an ideal room for a family with a few kids (in cots). The room was so hot when i entered that I left all the windows opened for the entire day and it was still warm in the evening.

Beds were comfortable and clean. Unfortunatly I could not say the same for the entire room. I found pills spilled on the floor of our room (which didnt belong to us!!) I dont like to think of the possible outcome if a child had of been playing on the floor!!

I went to the reception looking for a wifi access card and was told that it was only available in the foyer area. When I moved my laptop to the foyer and got setup and asked for the access card... the 2 receptionists then wandered around for 20 mins looking for an access code... then informed me they couldnt find them because they had a lot of american's in earlier using up all the access cards, and they had new ones but couldnt locate them and If i came back down the following morning then the manager would be able to give me some.

We had a drink in the bar in the evening and there was lipstick on the glass. The table we sat at was dirty and the leather sofa was sticky. We moved to another chair and there was stains on the seats. There was one lady serving behind the bar and she seemed totally lost. Another lady (dressed casually) was behind the bar serving herself a baileys... I personally find this highly unprofessional!!! It took me 10 mins to get a jug of water and when i finally got served, I had to ask for some ice.

Breakfast service was not much better. We joined the queue to be seated and was told to sit anywhere! There was no clean free tables so we sat at one which was not set. Then after waiting a few minutes (and following everyone esles lead), we got up and helped ourselfs to cereal/juice. When I asked receptionist for tea I was told it was self sercice and it was 'over there' in the corner. Turns out there was no teapots left so we had to do without tea for breakfast. The hot food servcice was in similar style. The waitress used the same spoon to serve beans, mmushrooms, tomato and scrambled eggs... There was no preserves or butter on our table and when we tried to get the attention of the waiting staff we were not succesful. They were much too deep in conversation with each other and busy slapping each other in playful mood. We ended up taking butter from another uncleared table. Breakfast quality was most definatly not of 4* quality.

During Breakfast the cleaner was in around the tables vacumming while people were eating breakfast. I would understand this behaviour if breakfast was late, however service was still running for another hour!!

None of the staff seemed to be in uniform and one receptionist in particular had a torn shirt (on both days of our visit!) Personally i feel that staff of a 4* hotel should have be of a certain standard. I felt that this hotel was seriously let down by the standard of the staff (perhaps a management issue!?!)

On a final note, the 4 star quality of this hotel was not justified!! The hotel was advertised as having a spa, however the receptionist informed us that it was not yet opened... surely a hotel should only be give a 4* status when the facilities are available, not just because they are planned!?!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple