1,175 results
All reviews golf course leisure centre old world old style brian mceniff porridge public areas sea view lovely room evening meal kids club both nights from start to finish my mother family room couldn't do enough short break
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Nice experience, staff hard working,rooms spacious, clean and maintained. Food good, breakfast plenty Only problem Guiness in bar not great in golf club fine. Good hotel if you play golf, course first class

Room Tip: Sea view is nice
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
GreatN0rthernH0tel, Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Great Northern Hotel. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Great Northern Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about our hard working staff and our good food. I will have a word with our Guinness rep to make sure the quality of our pints are up to the highest standard possible.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Great Northern Hotel for another say very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel is in an ideal location with spectacular views. However the decor and standards are a little dated.
The food is average warmed up pre cooked breakfast just lacking presentation and quality the staff are on the most accommodating. The room is reasonable but extremely cold heating turned of for majority of the time.
This may once have been a four star hotel but that is certainly questionable now. In desperate need of investment and extensive refurbishment.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
GreatN0rthernH0tel, Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Great Northern Hotel. When submitting a review of your stay you are helping the management & staff better the 4-star property.

Thank you for your kind words on our location and spectacular views.
We take all comments on board good or bad and work hard to either rectify them or build upon.
Your comments have been distributed to each department head and we will review again at our weekly management meeting to make sure all issues have been resolved.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2016

hi there, just want to say I truly recommend this hotel, location is just pefect, think couldn't be better, restaurant food is very tasty, staff helpful...only one thing - hotel really needs to be renovated. anyway I'm giving 5 stars because it's worth to visit this place :)

Room Tip: the best location in town :)
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent 5* review. It is great to read that you enjoyed you stay at the Great Northern Hotel and you can "truly recommend" us to other people.

Our hard working staff are delighted to read your kind comments. Your review allows us to build upon our efforts in making the hotel a truly wonderful place.
We are currently renovating parts of the hotel, we hope we can welcome you back soon to see our amazing updates.

Again thank you for staying at the Great Northern Hotel and taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Had a great weekend here with friends. Very enjoyable. We played golf here on Sauturday. Didnt see too much of the town as we ere just eating and drinking here with friends. Food was very good and staff very nice. We ate in the restaurant sat night. Very good food. Room was nice. The views are lovely here. I will come back with the family.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting a 5* review about your recent stay at the Great Northern Hotel. It is brilliant to read that you had a very enjoyable weekend with friends at our hotel.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Great Northern Hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

I remember as a young lad visiting Bundoran and this hotel was a no no for normal down to earth people.
Over the years I have been there many times as I am a golfer.

Year on year it has depreciated with no signs of coming to join us in the 21st century. Last weekend I stayed here and I have no need to comment on the rooms as this should be assertained from my previous comments.

Our Breakfast was just terrible. Irish breakfast dried up bacon,sausages and the rest. Guess what the Coffee was excellent
Saying no more apart from the fact that the nigh porter and reception staff were lovely

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the short falls you experienced whilst staying at the 4-star Great Northern Hotel recently. I will look into all the issues you have mentioned with the management and ensure we review our processes to ensure these problems do not happen again.

At the Great Northern Hotel, we always strive to be the best and majority of times we excel in achieving this. It is with great pleasure that I thank you for your review which will help path the way of the Great Northern Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,