See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2016

spent 1 night at this hotel in july 2016 and it was long enough. At 50 euros per night I was expecting a well kitted out room which I certainly did not get. The carpet was threadbare in places though first glance it looked lovely. Next morning went to take a shower and got the shock of my life at the excuse for a shower it was just an attachment to the bath taps like something out of the seventies.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marymZ4199CZ
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Booked this hotel for my mum and dad for Christmas present as they always stay here staff were really helpful with every thing I needed also couldn't have chosen a better location as it was my mums birthday and the staff treated her so well rooms are spotless and the food excellent.my grandmother of 94 also stays in this hotel when away for the weekend the staff can't do enough for her I would recommend this hotel for couples and for family's as my we can't keep my family away from here in the summer

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank xtina55
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Stayed in this hotel room 218 last night with family. Other family members stayed in room 217 next door to us. Came in from a bit of entertainment in the Holyrood across the road. My brother asked if there was a chance of getting a drink and the staff members response was 'No noise' we got our drink and he stood there gawking at us the whole time while we had our drink, we felt so uncomfortable, he came over to us telling us about a fire drill, bear in mind this had nothing to do with us and it was 1 in the morning, we felt kind of awkward and we had to go upstairs. Got to our room to go to bed and there were spiders all over the ceiling. Awful smell of smoke and urine. We felt scared in the room as the bathroom door kept opening itself when you'd close it and when I plugged my phone in it flew off the table itself. Rooms in bad need of an update. Before me and my daughters went to bed I was having a laugh with them. Night staff member came up to our room banging on the door, I opened the door and he says 'disturbance from your room' this is the same man that was rude to my brother when he asked for a drink, he was the only man working that night, I asked him what he meant and he told me to be quiet as we were too loud, me and my daughters felt offended by him, he kept asking my daughters were they alright and they told him they were fine and explained that we were only laughing together. He said that he was going to contact the guards but he had no reason to do. My daughters felt frightened by him and his attitude. I spoke to him and told him everything and he still acted rude towards me and my children. After a couple minutes we went back to talking together, we seen a shadow under the door, it was the night staff member standing outside of our door again. I asked him what he wanted and he said ' I'm doing surveillance', I told him that he is making me and my daughters feel very uncomfortable standing right in front of our door. He continued standing there so I just went back to my room, his shadow was no longer under our door, I checked to see if he had left but instead he was standing at the end of the corridor half of the night staring up at our door. Wouldn't recommend this hotel as a family friendly place at all, it is more for the elderlies stay. Will never be visiting again...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank terese811
Reviewed 10 August 2015

My partner and I ended up in Bundoran last weekend and decided to stay. After knocking on a few B & B's and getting no joy, we decided to enquire at the Maghery. We were in luck as they had one room left. The room was ok, a bit dull and dreary, but a nice bright colour would improve that no end. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, so much so that we slept in and were late for breakfast, but Kathleen was very accommodating and made us breakfast without hesitation. We found the staff pleasant and despite the not so nice reviews of this hotel, we left it quite happy and content with our stay. It is a nice homely hotel and is very central if you were in town for some entertainment. It is close to the beach and amusements. Despite the miserable weather on the morning of us leaving, the day brightened up nicely and we were able to do the Roughey walk before going home.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 20 January 2013

we stayed in this hotel last night , never will we stay here again , the staff have to be the most ignorant and unfriendly people i had ever met , from staying in hotels often this is the worst ever , the rooms are in bad need of a update we were absolutly froze in our room it was so cold . i dunno many stars it is but i wouldnt reccomend it to anyone .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends