See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I stayed in Rockville House in Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal for my fifth time this year. As always, it was a wonderful stay. The couple that run the B&B have perfected the right balance of being welcoming, helpful and very warm; yet one's privacy is respected. I loved the amenities (that's one of the reasons that I keep going back). The room was very cosy and warm. The B&B is just off the main road but far away enough from any traffic noise, so it was lovely and quiet. Yet Ballyshannon town is less than a five minute walk! The residents have full use of a sitting room downstairs, with full tea/coffee facilities and tv. So, you're not just confined to your room, if so wish to relax in the sitting room. The breakfast was delicious as always and the couple will cook anything you would like to eat. Anytime I need taxis (there is no taxi rank in Ballyshannon), they would arrange it for me. Nothing is a problem for this couple to help sort out for you. I'II be back again next summer :-)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 81niamh74
Reviewed 14 January 2015

On first impression I would have to agree with all of the above in that I was greeted by a warm and obliging couple and I endured the first night in what only can be described as a box of a room with a temperature similar to that of a fridge and a bathroom similar to a fridge with a toilet sink and shower I know from first hand experience to of come from the eighties. I was staying in this b&b while working in the north temporarily and it involves working in the elements it would be the least I'd ask that their would be heating in my bedroom which would help to overlook the fact that their was no tv in the room no wifi eighties/nineties a tiny bed and a prevailing smell of must and damp. On the second night of my stay I approached the "man of the house" and most politely asked first was their a possibility the radiator wasn't functioning in my room and if not would it be ok to have it turned on to which he replied that the heating wouldn't come on til seven in the morning and I of all people should know what it costs to heat a house like that, and it wouldn't be turned on any sooner for me or anybody else and if I had a problem with that I should find somewhere else to stay a suggestion a aptly complied with that was half 9 Tuesday night January 13th 2015 a night of below freezing temperatures and heavy snowfall it is now 11:30 as I write this in my warm hotel bed in Bundoran I threw down €30 (the price of a nights stay) and the keys on the table and wished him "good luck" after packing my bags and booking into this lovely warm hotel in bundoran for €35 I realise this runs quite contrary to the above reviews but I will stand over everything I just wrote and will challenge any and all doubt or dissmissal. The funny part is I have never before written a review in my life! I'm sure if tourists like to have a look at an old world spot or a quite lonely getaway it would be ideal..... In the summer

• Stayed: January 2015
7  Thank Mattlfb
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Bernie is a wonderful host, always trying to maje your stay the mist confortable as possible.
The breakfast is awesome and there's coffee/tea and cookies always available for guests in the living room.
It was a spectacular stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank YairVentura
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I came upon this in mid November in the middle of the night. Michael and Bernie run the place and they are a lovely couple. The rooms are traditionally decorated. There is a lounge for guests and a dining area. I was welcomed with a cup of tea and cupcakes. The bed I was in was comfortable and the comforter / duvet was AMAZING. I did not want to get out of bed that morning. Breakfast was delightful. Would be a great place for couples and families. I recommend this place!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank geniusbarb
Reviewed 26 September 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! They (and by they we mean the whole family!) could not possibly have been more welcoming and hospitable. Home baked scones, pots of tea and a warm fire...what more could you ask for! We will definitely be back to stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple