“DINGLE HOSPITALITY!”
Review of Pax Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Pax Guest House
Ranked #1 of 74 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We spent three nights at the Pax House during our stay in Dingle - and it was truly a wonderful place to be.

The view of the Dingle harbor was fantastic, and we spent a lot of time just relaxing in the lounge area and looking at the ever changing scenery. But the best part of our Pax House stay was John's attention and hospitality - he was everything that was advertised in other Trip Advisor reviews and more! Upon our arrival he greeted us, took us to our room, and took time to get to know us. My wife was rather traumatized by our traveling on the narrow country roads, so John suggested that we consider booking a private tour of the Dingle Peninsula with a local guide Denis Ryan (separate review), and we are so glad that we did! John made the arrangements, and we thoroughly enjoyed our three-hour tour with our guide doing the driving and showing us the sights. Thank you, John, for suggesting this - it really helped make our visit to Dingle special! John also was also always available to help in any way needed throughout the rest of our stay, including letting me use his phone to contact the next B&B on our itinerary.

The breakfast was wonderful - outstanding food selections and service - although the number of guests to be served did make it a rather hectic time. One morning we had our breakfast out in the lounge area as the breakfast room was full, another morning we waited until a table was ready (but by then the scones and several other items were gone) - but on our final morning we got up early to be among the first guests, and everything was great!

One drawback that some guests may want to be aware of is that the beds are small doubles. Being 6' 4", my feet extended beyond the length of the bed, and my wife and I felt very cramped in it. We are used to king or at least queen beds - and while this may not be an issue for many people, it may be for taller or larger folks. Also, I echo what another reviewer wrote about the WIFI - it would be nice if we could have had connectivity in our room.

Still, we very much enjoyed our stay at the Pax House, and certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Dingle!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pax Guest House

Reviewed 11 July 2012

On recommendations from friends, we stayed here recently for one night. Everything was perfect. Great view, fantastic host, fabulous nights sleep, beautiful breakfast. A 5 star gem. Can't wait to get back. Dingle was lovely as always despite the rain!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We arrived from Shannon to Pax House after traveling from Boston to NY to Shannon. About a 2 hour drive from Shannon. We are happy to say that now after a week traveling in Ireland, we all agree that this was our favorite place to stay in Ireland. John and his staff were great. Somehow they all knew our names even though we were only there two nights. The house is beautiful, the breakfast was outstanding and the view of Dingle bay and beyond was amazing. Thanks, John and Rio for a perfect start to our vacation! Our 13 year old son said "I liked that guy!", I think that sums up perfectly our visit with John. A perfect host!

2  Thank WorldTravel101
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I went out of way and stayed at Pax house specifically because it was ranked number 1 on trip advisor. We were there on July 5th for one night. While John was everything people say he is, I think he is just trying to do too many things and comes off a little dishevelled. The view is fantastic and the common areas were great, but that night we both got eaten alive by bed bugs. I think it is a mistake to have wool blankets on the beds because those cannot be washed often enough to ensure this type of thing doesn't happen. As if that wasn't bad enough, my wife thought something was "off" with the salmon and eggs she had for breakfast and sure enough, she had horrible food poisoning for the next 48 hours. It made for a horrible ride to Galway. I feel bad giving you your first 2 on Tripadvisor but I am probably being generous with the 2. Also, this is a little bit outside of town and walking back at night can be a little dangerous are there are no streetlights or sidewalks on the road you take home.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Chad E
PaxHouse, Owner at Pax Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Sorry to hear about your stay with us had not been what you had hoped.
Immediately after hearing of your posted review I called our Pest Control Company who came and found no evidence of any bug or insect activity during their search. As you and your wife were sitting on the patio during the afternoon on the 5th July it is highly likely that you both were bitten by the insect that we call Midgets but in the States are called Gnats. I have since purchased mosquito spray and have it around the patio area as guests find it is a great help to keep them free of bites during the part of the day and month when the midgets/gnats are out.
I do hope that you and your wife will make it back to Dingle some day and there will always be a cup of coffee and the best view in Dingle awaiting you both.
John.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My two grown daughters and I stayed at Pax House for 3 nights just over a week ago. We had traveled to France, Italy and then in Ireland. Pax House was THE BEST B&B we stayed in by a long shot. John and his staff made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived. The accommodations are clean and comfortable! The food was superb! The views are breathtaking! And the service was beyond compare!

Room Tip: We loved our sea view room with a patio!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family