“DELICIOUS food in a gorgeous setting!!”
Review of WB Villa

WB Villa
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Habaraduwa
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A sensational 2 room boutique hotel and restaurant in the south Gold Coast of Sri Lanka. WB is a private house but also the essential location for food and sun-seekers; it’s a secluded and stylish retreat just minutes from Galle where you can relax by the sea and indulge in delicious Italian cuisine accompanied by a good choice of wines. Chill out in tropical lounging pavilions, go for a dip in the beautiful coral lagoon and dry off on sun drenched loungers whilst enjoying the beautiful panorama of the ocean. The Italian owner’s classic architectural styling has been cleverly combined with monochrome interiors and luxurious furnishings that invite you to do no more than relax and imbibe.Indulge in a daily-changing menu that includes homemade choice of sauce for pastas, freshly baked "ciabatta" bread and plenty of fresh seafood. Items such as Italian antipasti and real Extra Virgin Olive Oil are specially imported from Italy for authenticity. Evening menus can always be pre-arranged whilst our scenic location makes WB the ideal place to host private parties that can be tailor-made to meet your individual desires and needs. You are welcome and as the coral lagoon offers safe and secluded swimming year-round it is a comfortably reassuring choice.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I love this place - consistently AND EXCELLENT food in a peaceful oasis. The service is excellent and all of the pasta is made on site daily. My favorite is the Pasta Matriciana and the grilled squid appetizer.

2  Thank Sazza888

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend visited the restaurant as external guests after making a phone reservation. We had high hopes for a nice dinner together and had saved this restaurant for one of our last nights together in Sri Lanka.

To summarize the service:
- No interaction from the waiter, not asking once if we wanted anything to drink. We had to ask for cocktails, for wine to the starter and main course, and not even one single question if we wanted water in our empty glasses. We had to pour water ourselves from the plastic bottle on the side of the table, as well asking for a refill.
- We were seated and directly the starter was on the table without any drinks in our glasses and the waiter couldn't even be bothered to take away the "decoration" plate so my boyfriend could properly start to eat his starter.
- The unused cutlery stayed on the table the entire time. I didn't order any starter but still when my dessert was served the bread plate was on the table, the bread, oils and different spare bits of cutlery. I ordered a spaghetti in an Italian restaurant and I wasn't even offered a spoon, which for me was a bit odd.

Some might see this as smaller details and so did we at first, but when the dessert was eaten and three guys was just standing around literally STARING at us we became uncomfortable and upset. They started to close the doors around us, taking in the outdoor furniture and after that just surrounding us staring and waiting for us to ask for the bill.
Since it was so uncomfortable even though we wanted more drinks we asked for the bill.
We paid cash and we didn't even receive the change, they just assumed themselves that it was intended for them.

Overall, the experience in terms of the overall service was one of the worst we have ever experienced, which can also be hard to explain and pinpoint in detail. We just didn't feel wanted, and we definitely were a hassle for the guys by visiting their restaurant. We moved on to another place for drinks afterwards where we felt welcomed!

We hope it was just a bad night and that they make other guests feel more welcomed and satisfied.

At least the food was good, solid Italian food, compliments to the chef!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The Style and Class of Italy resides at WB, in its design, staff, food and outlook. All our meals were superb, allowing our Sri Lankan friends to expand their palate to include excellent Italian food at its freshest. The outstanding feature was the infusion of fresh herbal flavours, grown onsite to ensure they are always ready for guests.
Make sure to book, it is often sold out.
Bring your swimmers, a great beach out the front is calling you.
Select anything from the mid->high priced menu; you will not be disappointed with the authentic flavours and stunning deserts.
Viva 'L ltalia

1  Thank Wally S
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Sublime Italian food, lovingly prepared with authentic, imported Italian ingredients and served in an elegant beachfront setting.

Went with five friends for dinner and I had menu envy over every dish that came to the table. Or would have done had my choices not been beautiful as well. Every mouthful was a treat from the bread, oil and balsamic, to my caprese salad and my main of bacon-wrapped pork loin. All washed down with a lightly chilled chianti. Gorgeous.

3  Thank KatyLanka
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We have visited this Beautiful place to have lunch with my family.
Wow! The Food was Delicious!
Sea Food Ravioli, Creamy Spaghetti, Lovely Gnocchi & Risotto cooked to Perfection were absolutely wonderful!
Desserts were Lovely! You should go for the home made gelato which come in different flavors.
The Staff was Very Helpful & Attentive!
You can enjoy the glorious view of the Indian Ocean while dining as the Restaurant is located right in front of the Beach.

3  Thank GimalD