All reviewshot tubthe pubrocks cottagealton towersthree bedroomhen partyhome cooked foodone night staystayed two nightsplaying dartsfull englishpuddingsofajetsdishwasheressentials
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner after a traumatic event, to try and take his mind off what had happened at home. We arrived and checked into the log cabin and were disappointed to see that the hot tub did not really work, we questioned it and were told that we had to all sit in one corner for it to work, which I found strange but after being emotionally drained from the past few days, decided not to question it.

I spoke to my mum (who had stayed here before), and mentioned what we had been told about the hot tub and she agreed that this wasn’t right. She called and queried this with one of the girls on reception, she explained our circumstances and said that she had spent her money on something for us and we weren’t happy with it. The next thing we had a knock on the door from the manager who was extremely rude to my partner because we had complained, he asked us what we were comparing it to because that’s what all hot tubs were like and that he would not put up with people complaining to his girls on reception, he said there was another place we could move to but it was further away and that he didn’t think we would want to move (we had our son with us and the location of the log cabin was conveniently next to the park), I asked if my partner could go and view the other place and if we liked it then we could decide, to which he replied “no because it’s nicer so you will obviously want to move”. Obviously my partner went to look at this and it was a lot nicer and we decided to move!

We cannot fault the cottage that we moved to, it was lovely, spacious and had lots of toys and things for our son to play with, and the hot tub was great (without us all having to sit in one corner!)

We ate in the restaurant and this was nice too! But while playing darts in the bar, 2 accidentally got broken and my son was playing with the last dart and the manager decided to come and take it off him (while our back was turned) which we did not appreciate and found very rude.

All in all, we did have a nice stay and the original cabin and cottage were both lovely, the hot tub in the cabin as mentioned was not up to standard but the cabin itself was nice.

The only let down for us was the attitude of the management, it is never nice to have complaints from a customer but there is a certain way of dealing with those complaints which I personally do not feel was upheld.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Georgia B
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights and think for the price paid and standards of
accommodation it was quite poor
We had a three bedroom cabin with some friends having to sleep on sofa beds it all made for a very cramped environment .
The best part was the setting and hot tub

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ANN W
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing time staying at the rocks cottage. Perfect for a hen party with the hot tub! The weather was also amazing so we sat outside on our own lawn for the majority of the day enjoying the sun!
Only downside is that the cottage had a lot of dead flys and cobwebs. Understandably it is an old cottage, but things like that can be dealt with by having a good clean and maybe some bug traps?
We didn’t eat at the pub. Took our own food and cooked it in the cottage. Plenty of facilities however, the fridge was too small to store food and alcohol for 2 nights for 8 people.
Would definitely stay at the raddle in again. The scenery is beautiful

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natalie J
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch on a very busy bank holiday Monday and they still didn't disappoint!!
We have been a couple of times and always so happy with the food. Today we had 3 adult means 2 children's and 3 adult puddings all for £55. Amazing price for well portioned and high quality home cooked food.
Highly recommend the Sunday lunches.
If you haven't been... you need 2.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in cabin 2 for one night. Very clean and well presented with everything you need for your stay. Only given a 4 due to a few of our towels being dirty, (They had been washed just stained).

Check in was a very simple process we just picked up the key from the pub bar. People mention on the bad reviews about poor customer service here need to go to a hotel as this seems to be the kind of thing they're comparing it to.

Free parking right next to the cabins is a bonus for unloading ect. All in all pleased with my visit and have decided we will be returning again very soon to stay in a cabin with a hot tub!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple