All reviewshot tubthe pubrocks cottagealton towersthree bedroomhen partyhome cooked foodone night staystayed two nightsplaying dartsfull englishpuddingsofajetsdishwasheressentials
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited in 2016 for a couple weekend get away and absolutely loved it.

Booked this time as a gift for our friends 30th Birthday in the bigger cabin and they loved it too!

A great weekend away. Simple but everything we needed and the views are just amazing.

We will be coming back again and again!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The log cabin was full of damp, the state of the pillows and quilt were awful covered in stains, the dirt on al the radiators wanted to make you sick, parts of the cabin was just moldy, they dont clean the outside of the cabin and well you pay all this money for nothing! dont bother going! its not worth the money

Room Tip: the best way to chose a good room is dont go stay at home! much better
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank bethanyallsopp
Reviewed 10 March 2017

So a party of 4 of us booked in here for a 2 night stay costing is £400!! Not cheap and we were NOT impressed with what we arrived to. We could have stayed in a cottage for a week at that price. Here is a copy of the email I sent upon arriving home (no reply has been received). DONT NOT STAY HERE

"I would like to raise a few issues we had during our stay at Daisy cottage over the weekend.

Upon our arrival we were happy with the cottage. Once we entered we were greeted with something that closely resembled a freezer. Not one heater had been put on before hand. This wasn't a major issue however during the cold weather maybe the heaters could have been put on low to take the edge off. It took a good few hours for it to warm up.

We then noticed we had only been given 2 towels for a party of 4 on a 2 night stay. Luckily we had brought spares.

The major issue I have is with the hot tub! The overwhelming smell of chlorine was so overpowering during our stay. I only went in for a short amount of time during Friday night and then during my shower after getting out I noticed my skin had developed very sore, red patches of skin.

The lady who came on Saturday morning advised she was changing the filter, may I ask why this was done during our stay as the filters do not need to be changed on ask daily basis. There is no records in the cottage to show that the PH levels have been checked, nor is there any strips for us to test it ourselves.

Luckily the other 3 people in our party did not have issues but my skin seems to have suffered. I did not go back into the tub during the rest of my stay. This upset me as tho whole point of us booking was to relax in the tub over the weekend.

Also, the pressure in the shower was awful, there was more pressure in the hose outside. We also did not like the fact people on more than one occasion seemed to use the gate that said no entry and walked dogs through the gate, in front of the window and through the car park!

With all this said I shall not be recommending the cottage to others and shall certainly not be staying again.

I was looking forward to booking a weekend away with my husband after our wedding, we shall be taking our business elsewhere. One of the party did mention this when leaving, however I feel it needs to be documented and I would like a response to the issues I have raised."

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hayley S
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Booked in here for quiet relaxing weekend away for my girlfriends birthday. Cabin was cosy and warm when we arrived, Christmas tree in the corner, nice touch. Hot tub was lovely and clean, would recommend to friends and family and will definitely come again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in cabin 3, for anniversary. Was very nice, peaceful and relaxing. Comfortable cabin with everything we could need for a few days. Hot tub was wonderful even at 5am on a frosty morning. Recommend paying for the breakfast, well worth it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple