“the best of the best of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mount Hartman Bay Estate

Mount Hartman Bay Estate
Montclair, New Jersey
“the best of the best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This private house, turned hotel, provided the most spectacular holiday ever. the rooms are all glorious, with views that made us want to stay in all day. the staff are not only exceptional from a professional point of view, but really extraordinary people. Dean, Suzanne and Peter are the shining stars, but i did not deal with anyone who was not lovely. the restaurant offered genuine fine dining. and dont forget to arrange a massage with Christine!

my husband celebrated his birthday while we were there, and the manager, Paul, teamed up with the chef to cook a special dinner with all of his favorite foods, as well as finding us an extraordinary bottle of wine. Peter helped me choose a present and everyone on the staff signed a card. this was just one tiny example of how well we were treated.

Granada itself is wonderful. safe, friendly, amazing beaches, fun live music on the beach in the evening.

i would not recommend this hotel to people with mobility issues or with very small children. for everyone else, this is the hotel of your dreams.

Room Tip: i actually got a chance to see all of the rooms and every single one is amazing. the two upper room...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cathykb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed at Mount Hartman Bay Estate Beach House for 10 days in Feb this year with my wife, two children & their partners. Wow ... I have to say, from the minute we were collected from the airport....to the time we were dropped back we had a most magical experience. The wow factor really started when we set eyes on our massive beach house with enormous rooms & private pool & beach. The 24hr service was second to none as was the daily menus and fabulous food & wines.Some of the best food we have ever had, every meal was a gastronomic experience. We had our own chef,maitre di,driver & maids. Nothing was too much trouble. I had wanted to find 'something special' for me & my family & The Beach House was certainly it ! From their boat trips,the island tours & the shopping experiences (for the girls) to the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff. I have stayed at various 5star locations around the world (One & Only's, Four Seasons, Sandals ). Everything that was on the label was in the tin. Can't wait for a return trip. It was amazing !!!!

Room Tip: All Rooms Excellent
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank greenUk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Beautiful Mt. Hartman Bay Estate was the most wonderful destination for our honeymoon. We feel so privileged to have stayed in such a unique setting, the amazing design of which knocks you back anew every day. Photos can capture the striking architecture and design here, but not the most memorable element of the place - the Mt. Hartman Bay Estate team. All who work here were outstanding, and made our stay something genuinely special. Going above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay all it could be seemed to be part of the DNA in this wonderful place.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank nosympathynight
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

James Bond eat your heart out. Cave House, speed boat, infinity pool... this property is amazing. We were lucky enough to have the hotel to ourselves. They have recently allowed individuals to book rooms instead of the whole property so we had all the hotel staff looking after just the two of us. Our room was incredible and the food is fantastic. Not sure I want other people to know about this one, but I don't suppose I can keep it for myself.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank insearchofcomfort
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I have just spent a week in possibly the most idyllic location I have ever been to. Friends told me that they attended a wedding at Mount Hartman Bay a couple of years ago and I contacted the hotel directly to see if my partner and I could book a room. It appears that only recently the property has started to allow individual bookings rather than exclusive use. The house is set into the hill like a cave. It was so James Bondesq, I kept expecting Ursula Andress to walk onto the set. Roger the chef tells me he was trained by Gary Rhodes and his food, though limited in choice, was sublime. This is more like an exclusive club than a hotel, but if you really want to hide away go to Mount Hartman Bay.

Room Tip: From what i can see they all look great but the main house suites are wonderful
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lance aux Epines
0.7 km away
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel &...
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Maca Bana
#1 of 8 in St. George's
3.2 km away
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & M...
#1 of 1 in Petite Calivigny
2.7 km away
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club
2.7 km away
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse

Been to Mount Hartman Bay Estate? Share your experiences!