All reviews rhodes restaurant pool suite beach bar garbutt family each morning tapas half board breakfast is served daily specials gary rhodes each evening main restaurant superior suite prickly bay without exception moment you arrive private terrace
Reviewed 4 July 2017

It is a few months since we returned from another stay at the Calabash, but never too late to say what a wonderful hotel it is in every way. We have been lucky enough to have enjoyed other destinations since but nowhere can compare with the beautiful accomodation, faultless and friendly service and superb food, at breakfast, the Beach Club and of course Rhodes Restaurant, that awaits you at the Calabash. We are already looking forward very much to our next visit later this year and seeing everyone again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
ZackSamuel, Manager at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Longboatdreamer,

thank you for this lovely review, we are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We too are looking forward to seeing you later this year, and you will definitely notice the work we will be doing this summer, so be sure to let us know what you thought of the upgrades.

Until next time, kindest regards from the entire Calabash Family,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I stayed here at the end of a trip with a friend for 3 nights. On arrival, the hotel seemed to be very quiet. We were told it was slow season, which was fine for me. We were taken to cottage, that was upstairs (I would have preferred to be made aware of the stairs, as I have a back issue). It wasn't a major problem, I was just not as quick as everyone else going up and down the stairs.

On the first look, the villa is very nicely put together. The colour scheme works and so does the decor,

The space between the end of the bed and the wardrobe was small, but not so small you couldn't get by.

The bathroom, was large and has 2 over sized sinks with amenities in the drawers underneath.

The bathtub was huge and deep, I didn't use it, but my partner did and loved it!

I loved the rainfall shower with the option of using the hand held shower head also along with a ledge to sit on (with my bad back) was very helpful.

The bathrobes provided were not generous in size (not a major problem, but neither of us could use them). We were provided with enough towels through out our stay, which I love (as I hate having to repeatedly request more towels).

The veranda was a pleasant feature, with a small table and chairs along with 2 lounge chairs and side tables for you to sit and enjoy the outside during your stay.

The weather during our 3 days was not amazing. It was hot, just not blue skies and sunny. We used the pool 1 day and that was nice, the pool bar was never opened when we were there, but that was not a major issue for us, it would've been nice.

Complementary canapes were nice.

The first night we discovered a large hole in the bottom of the bed sheet. Large enough for someone to notice, so I was confused how the bed was made with this hole. When I made housekeeping aware, it was changed straight away.

The service at this place is amazing. I reached out before I flew out to arrange car rental. Even though, I was staying at somewhere else for the majority of the trip, they arranged our car hire. Which I thought was a lovely touch. The service was amazing and even at the boutique the lady in there was so nice and friendly.

The only 2 things, which make me want to look at staying somewhere else. 1, would be the bay, is not for swimming. The amount of seaweed was enough to make it unable to swim in. If you are able to walk out and swim and then head back to your room in one location, that would be amazing! 2, would be the internet. I love the fact that we are given free internet, but for the life of me I can't understand why the connection is lost on the veranda!

I plan on staying again at the end of the year, with family, which I hope I can do, we will have a car, so we can go to another beach,

All in all, I would recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ZackSamuel, Manager at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

L’amour,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and there are a lot of lovely comments in your review that accurately represent Calabash. I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and the staff so much as we take guest satisfaction very seriously here at Calabash, and it was great to read what you had to say about the staff. We too look forward to you returning to us, so I would like to address a few areas so that we can make your next visit as pleasant and relaxing as possible.

It is a pity you were allocated an upstairs suite, however had we known you had a bad back we would have made different arrangements for you to ensure that you were as comfortable as possible. Like you, we find the issue with the hole in your bedsheet confusing and it is not in keeping with Calabash standards. After your report, we investigated and out housekeeping department and laundry apologise for their error. You mentioned swimming in Prickly Bay, which is a large body of water and very calm with small waves lapping the beach, this makes swimming safe for our guests of all ages as we have gentle slopes to walk in and out. Throughout the world all Bays have seagrass, on our part of the beach we regularly have a cleaning crew to keep the sea grass as far out from the shore as possible. You also mentioned the free Wi-Fi and mentioned sometimes dipped on the balcony. I can advise that we have invested heavily in our free to guests Wi-Fi and as some of our walls are so dense that dependent on the location of certain routers the signal does drop in some places throughout the property. Our endeavour is 100% coverage and we continually work on this.

All in all, thank you for your review as you seemed to thoroughly enjoy your time with us and it will be good to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

One of the most pleasant times I look forward to is my Vacation trip to Grenada West Indies. Better known as the Island of Spice.

I have just arrived back home in London from a fantastic June Vacation in Grenada. On this occasion, it was a business trip as well as a holiday with my brother.
We always plan our trip by spending the first week of our holiday with our family in the North part of the Island (St Patrick's, River Sallee, Lower La Taste and Upper La Taste).

During the second week, we always book a hotel in St Georges the capital of Grenada in the south Part of the Island. My brother had a look at a few hotels and he decided on the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa. (It’s a 5-star hotel of the highest quality).

When you arrive at the hotel you are greeted by staff with a warm and friendly welcome and this first impression relaxes you straight away and makes you feel extremely satisfied with your choice.

As you arrive one of the staff takes your language to your room, welcomes you with professional enthusiasm and ensures you are content before they leave.
I think we got to meet a lot of the staff throughout our stay. We meet the Calabash owner Leo, the manager Zack, the reservation manager Racquel and the front desk staff Lauren. They were all incredibly friendly, enthusiastic and made our stay fabulous. They have somehow created this amazing homely environment at the Calabash, every staff member you meet is friendly and helpful. All the staff interact with their customers with positive enthusiasm and with excellent customer service standards.

We spent time at their fantastic beach location, Scuba diving was one of the activities you can enjoy and there is a bar by the beach where you can enjoy some delicious food and rum punch to drink. They have a wide variety of food and drinks on the menu in their restaurant. The fish and steaks were very delicious indeed.
On their welcome pack, it provides you with all the information the Calabash offers and this is very helpful. It featured yoga as an activity. Which is an activity I like very much. I tried it out and it was very relaxing indeed. I also tried a back massage and it definitely chillaxed my stiffness. The fitness room allowed me to maintain my fitness levels. There is a pool near the fitness area and it’s a nice place to cool down and get a nice tan.

I have travelled for a number of years and used many hotels and the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa has definitely created something remarkably unique. They make you feel at ease straight away and they seem to have created this incredible family atmosphere.

Racquel the reservation manager gave us a tour of the beautiful Villa’s they rent out. The location of the Villas was at a very high point with an amazing view of the ocean which was breath-taking. The rooms were stunning.
If you are thinking of a hot summer vacation and are going visit Grenada West Indies which I highly recommend, the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa and their fantastic staff will ensure your stay with them is first class in every way.

I'm definitely going to stay there again.

Colin Fraser

Room Tip: Any room facing the beach side is excellent. I preferred the 1st floor view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin F
ZackSamuel, Manager at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Colin,

It was an absolute pleasure having yourself and your brother stay with us, and I am overjoyed to read all the lovely things you have to say about our hotel. I am happy that we could offer you a relaxing place from which you could enjoy the island and go and visit your family from. It is not always that you find the perfect fit on the first try, so it is indeed fortunate that you two found us, and I am very happy that you felt so at home so quickly.

We try to create an atmosphere of calm and relaxation here at calabash, so i am very happy to read just how much you both enjoyed your time with us. Staying fit is also very important to many of our guests so it is great to read that you were able to take advantage of the yoga and the fitness room.

It was lovely to have you both stay with us, and we all greatly look forward to your returning in the not too distant future.

Regards from sunny Grenada,

Zack and the rest of the team

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We have just stayed at Calabash and had a really lovely time. As well as being set in beautiful and very well kept gardens and beach you also have all that you would expect by way of good facilities, food and service.

One of the things that struck us in particular would have to be the excellent staff team. Everyone we encountered so helpful and going over and above what's required for good service and so friendly with it. It was very clear that the staff like working here - it's a great set up.

We got all the help we could have possibly asked for from the hotel with all sorts of visits We were very impressed by a primary school literacy project, a charity being supported by the hotel.This really added something to our visit and was very inspiring.

The taxi driver set up for our trips out was excellent and we had a lot of laughs with him as well as learning a great deal along the way. Thanks Leary!

We did quite a few trips out and especially like La Sagesse Beach - so quiet and very beautiful ( I will put this in my mental library of peaceful places when I'm stressed out at work on a cold wet British day!). Our garden tour (around mainly privately owned gardens) was great fun and well worth it, if you are interested in this sort of thing.Otherwise, St George and its forts, the chocolate museum (Young St in St George) and a trip up through the rain forest to Grand Etang etc made this a really enjoyable week. Just relaxing at Calabash was great as well, it's a nice beach or on the odd time when there were rain showers, the veranda in front of our room was perfect for reading and the occasional snooze. I also had a very nice spa treatment, oh an important little detail, the beds are very comfortable!

We greatly enjoyed Grenada, and the people we met on this trip and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda L
ZackSamuel, Manager at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Amanda,

Thank you for this lovely review, I am overjoyed to hear your thoughts on staying with us and so pleased that you were able to see so much of our lovely island. One thing I would like to comment on and say that I definitely agree with you on is that the staff DO indeed like being here, and that is a huge factor in our guests enjoyment. This is a hotel where people are happy in general, and that goes for the staff, guests and owners alike.

I am glad with all the activity that you found the time to just sit back and relax as well, and we hope you can come back for more Rest and relaxation in the near future.

Regards from sunny Grenada,

Reviewed 18 June 2017

From the moment we arrived, the staff of the Calabash went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. I had booked a junior suite, but my mother injured her knee just before we arrived. I asked at check-in if we could be moved to the ground floor, and Calabash were fantastic about it--upgraded us to the superior suite and had us quickly ensconced. Over the course of our stay, we found this was typical of the employees at the hotel, who went out of their way to accommodate us and ensure we had a great time. The management, concierge, restaurant and bar staff, watersports staff, and housekeeping service were all kind and knowledgeable. Had a great excursion to Levara Beach to see the leatherback turtles with a driver arranged by the concierge, and had our first snorkling experience with the help of the watersports staff. Fantastic beach service from the staff at the Beach Club. We very much enjoyed our meals at the Club and Rhodes restaurant. Lovely complementary afternoon tea service. Would love to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Mir M,

I am so pleased to read your thoughts on your stay, and it was indeed our pleasure to be so accommodating. Both you and your mother were lovely guests who made going the extra mile for a joy. I am happy that you were able to try snorkeling and so many other exciting firsts while here on the island. It is a truly special place and we do look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kindest regards until next time,