“Great atmosphere”

David's
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Sudbury
Price range: USD 6 - USD 11
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe, Soups
Description: A continental coffee shop for grown ups! The best coffee, fine scrambled egg, home made cakes, warm croissants and a warmer welcome.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Davids is a beautiful cafe aimed at adults, for adults to enjoy a quiet atmosphere without interruptions from little ones- they are not anti children, they just believe that some people enjoy a quiet coffee without interruptions.
Previous bad reviews are from people who don't seem to see that every town needs an oasis for people who don't want to be interrupted by small children's noises.
Not everyone enjoys the hubbub that accompanies the little ones in our community,
As a mother & grandmother I love my little ones but I still enjoy a little peace & quiet at times - Davids is that place for me

2  Thank Cathy P
David T, Owner at David's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you, Your review says everything about what we strive to be.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

After a trip to re visit Thomas Gainsboroughs art museum and gallery in Sudbury went for a late breakfast at David's only 5minutes from the gallery. It was buzzing friendly and had a coffee and late breakfast, before heading to John Constables Flatford Mill. It's a very nice place for a late breakfast or lunch...and David is friendly and relaxed with a new cartoon on the wall of himself done by a friend whom now resides in Malta...David himself served us with a smile. Great place to grab a coffee and cake etc if visiting the Gainsborough house and museum.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

A really relaxing, friendly and welcoming cafe. The coffee is excellent and the food is good. Service can be slow at times if you are in a hurry but this is all part of the relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I attempted to visit David's deli today in the hope of buying my family a gift. As I discussed what to choose with my young sons I was stopped by a member of staff who said my children were not allowed in the shop. If my children had been misbehaving or disturbing others I would have understood but I was made to understand from a sign on the door that their only crime was to be under the age of 13. I had brought my children to Sudbury from our home in Wales for the first time to visit the happy town of my own childhood spent visiting my grandparents and wanted them to love it as much as I always have. Sadly I am left feeling this is not the town I knew and they are left rightfully outraged. I will be asking the council why this kind of ageist discrimination is tolerated in their town. And David's needs to increase their range of produce if they are going to continue to call themselves a deli. A pity to get better service in Aldi at a time when small businesses struggle to survive.

8  Thank RossyBee
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Been here several times now and I will keep coming back. Great atmosphere, great coffee and fabulous food. Today I tried the continental cheese platter to share. All the food is prepared by David with love and passion and you can taste it. I will be back again soon!

2  Thank Karin J
David T, Owner at David's, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hi Karin,

Always happy to receive a lovely review, thank you. As for the cheese platter I think we might have to give the praise to Kari, all I can say is that I taught her although she has a built in artistic flair.

Best wishes and look forward to your next visit.
David T