“Gave it a second chance after the first calamity. . .. .”
Review of Prado Lounge

Prado Lounge
Ranked #42 of 97 Restaurants in Sudbury
Price range: USD 5 - USD 19
Description: Our Lounge is a home from home, offering delicious food and drinks, all day, on your doorstep. We exist to bring people together and our unique atmosphere changes hour by hour with each new wave of customers. We are proud of our Lounge and its community and our aim is simple: every customer leaves happy.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

So, went in Feb and waited 45mins for food, when the place was near empty, food was good, so went back last week to give it another go . .. went at 12.50, just 3 of us. . two salads and 3 small tapas and some chips. . . ordered at 1pm, told it would be 35 minutes. . . no problem . . . the food came at 20 past. . . all good right ? .. . No .. the food came at 2.20 . . Yup 1hr and 20mins. . . the place was in a state of utter confusion . . . the usual excuses we are understaffed etc etc .. . everyone in the place was moaning. . . the staff had no idea what was going on . . people were walking out left right and centre and every table had old plates of food piled on it some since before we entered some 2hrs earlier. . . . . . 2 salads, tapas and chips. . 1h 20mins. . . and they forgot the chips. . . as much as i would like to go back because the food is good!!, it is hard to justify it. . . the secret is probably to pop in at 9am, sit down and order lunch then go shopping , work or watch a movie and come back around 1pm and it may be ready . . the amount of people asking where their food was, was a joke. . . I going to struggle with a 3rd visit i think . . . food v good, organisation a big fat 0/10 .. . going for a bite of lunch should not involve a visit of almost 2 hours. . .

Prado L, Manager at Prado Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experience. You haven't stated on which day you visited in order that I may look into this in more detail. If you would like to get in touch directly I will investigate what happened on the day you came in. I would like to invite you back for a meal on us so please contact me and we can arrange this.
Regards, Emma, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for a drink and some lite bites. It has been decked out really well, with a mixture of tables and lounge seating. We had the tapas which were really nice and served quickly.
Only gave 4 as there were a fair few tables that needed clearing when we arrived and still needed clearing when we left!

Prado L, Manager at Prado Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your time in our lovely lounge and hope you'll return soon :)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted to try this new restaurant for a.long time . Won't be going back. Told there would be a 30 minute wait for food. 50 minutes later told there would be a 30.minute wait for food. The chef was busy unpacking a delivery whilst people were waiting for far too long. Offered us money back but then charged us for the drinks that had long gone cold. Unconvincing apology. Back to Costa next time where I.can guarantee a friendly service and quick service

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I can only apologise that you didn't enjoy your experience and hope that you give us another chance.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I have now been to Prado Lounge a few times but each time has been with a friend. I don't enjoy dining out alone but Prado lounge is a place where you can go as a single or as a large party and never feel out of place. I went to today as my car was getting an MOT and it was too cold to wander around Sudbury for long. I found a comfortable corner with an easy chair, ordered my food and read one of the newspapers you can borrow. I had Steak Sandwich in Ciabatta which was absolutely perfect. I had a standard size glass of freshly squeezed orange juice which was delicious. The Prado Lounge has great food and is really like a home-from-home and I would recommend it to anyone from those dining alone to those in a larger party.

Prado L, Manager at Prado Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We pride ourselves on being somewhere you can comfortably come alone or with a group of friends and I'm pleased to hear you appreciate that about us and also enjoy our food offerings. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I have visited many times but this review is for a meal I had in a group of 8 of us celebrating a birthday. You can't book here but it was mid week so we went on spec and had no problem getting a table.

The atmosphere was great. Staff were polite and cheerful. Starters were tapas boards and sides garlic bread/onion rings etc all shared and were all brought out together, all hot and all good.

Mains were mainly burgers and again all were brought out together and all were lovely.

We didn't order puddings til a couple of mins before the kitchen closed for orders at 10pm and there wasn't much choice, but that was fair enough given the time.

We all had a fabulous night and the cocktails were a highlight. The staff cheerful and the food great.

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I'm thrilled to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your evening with us and of course the food and cocktails :) Hope to see you all again soon