“Dinner and quiz”

Brunel Inn Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 45 Restaurants in Saltash
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We booked a table at lunchtime for dinner and quiz
We arrived but alas no one knew about our booking
I thought this has disaster written all over it, but what a surprise
Chef landlady and her son excellent hosts. Son was fantastic doing quiz.
We had a lovely meal I had the lamb burger highly recommend and partner had steak with lovely chunky fries. We really enjoyed our meal.
Lovely clean pub warm atmosphere we will be back

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 22nd Feb 2018. The staff are lovely, the room is spacious and clean and a lot nicer than we thought for the price. Downstairs the pub is bright and modern. The secret weapon though was the food 5 of us had an evening meal which was amazing. Great menu choice for vegetarians and gluten free and the chef comes out to chat to you We had two small dogs with us who spoilt rotten by the staff. We would definitely come here again and will be recommending it. Fabulous Experience

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Brunel with my wife, son and puppy.

The rooms were fairly well presented but there were some minor issues, e.g. the dining equipment was laid out without mugs. The check-in process also needs work as the staff on arrival (who were extremely friendly) didn’t have a record of our booking. A bit of extra work and attention to detail would push my rating up.

For £45 on a Saturday night I didn’t have particularly high expectations and the hotel served as a descent base for the weekend. I wouldn’t stay there, however, if I needed more than basic accommodation for an extended period of time.

One massive bonus is the quality of the free WiFi, particularly as the mobile reception in the area isn’t very good.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

4 of us just had a good dinner here. We each had something different and it all arrived well within the quoted 15 mins.
The chef clearly knows what he's about.
The bar carried an excellent range of Gins (~30) all priced at £3 (+£1:50 to go large). The Gin menu carefully outlines the best serving accompaniments too.
Ambience was too noisy for us (there was a speaker belching overloud music right above our heads) but it WAS 8pm in a town centre pub on a Friday night. Maybe a quieter, somehow slightly separated eating area could be set aside.
The atmosphere was buzzy and I feel the refurb has been a success. It certainly appeals to the late-teens and 20-somethings.
Staff were polite and attentive although the barman did take a phone call while serving me.
A bigger range of guest ales would attract more real-ale drinkers.
On the whole it's a very good, town pub. I shall certainly be back.

1  Thank ExecutiveBiker
Reviewed 1 December 2017

This newly refurbished pub is now nice and clean with friendly staff when you can find them. It's been open a week and it's taken them 50 minutes to serve a simple But sandwich and chips. Looks like a good place but desperately need to organise their staff better. Having 1 person doing everything at lunchtime is simply ridiculous. People were asking for refunds or walking out -can you blame them!