1,194 results
All reviewsgolf coursest mellionsuperior roomelemis toiletriesgolf resortbalcony overlookinggolf breakpro shopgreat golfcar parkleisure facilitiesin excellent conditiongreat weekendwedding receptionbiscuitsnicklauscourses
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We were looking forward to a much needed rest and the leisure complex,golf and restaurants and bars appealed.
Unfortunately, the quilt in our room had numerous brown stains as per the photos.
The management did not respond when informed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Graham H, Manager at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Virginia M

Good afternoon, I would like to apologise for the fact that your stay at the Resort did not meet your expectations. I would also like to apologise for the condition in which you found your quilt. This is not acceptable and your feedback has already been provided to our Housekeeping Manager for a review of our room checking procedures.

In your feedback that you provided to us directly following your stay you say that you were forced to stay up all night and got no sleep which is disappointing for us to hear as we have staff who are available 24 hours a day who could have easily resolved the matter for you and allowed you to get a good nights sleep. However the line from your review that states the management failed to respond does surprise me a little as I actually responded to you personally on the 9th October. I will send you a follow up to my earlier email in order that we can bring this matter to an amicable resolution.

Kind regards

Graham Hole
Resort Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were at St Mellion for a 21st Birthday celebration. This was held in the Niklaus Suite, which is a posh name for a rather uninspiring room with lists of golfers on the wall, and nothing else in the way of embellishment.
The tables had been laid with black cloths, which one could hardly call festive, and no decorations had been added to the tables in the form of streamers or balloons.
This was supposed to be an important birthday party for a 21 year old young lady, but was conducted in a room fit only for a board meeting.
Does St Mellion have no events organiser/ manager for this sort of gathering ?
A really lacklustre performance.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We booked this as a group of Four as we had been in Plymouth the previous night out so we wanted to play Golf while our Wifes relaxed in the "Spa".
The deal we had was very good - it was £129.00 per room, which included a three course Sunday Lunch and Drink, with a superior room and use of the facilities.
The Negatives -
Golf: We played the Kernow course and there were just too many people playing. We played as a two ball but a Society had gone off earlier and we had to wait to start every hole, and sometimes wait to play our shots on each hole. We Teed off at 11.30am as a group of ladies let us play before the (should have been 12.06pm) and we were only on the 14th hole at 4.00pm so had to finish then as we would have missed our lunch booking.
Rooms: Floor boards are very creaky and noisey.
Spa: My wife and her friend did use the pool etc and I do appreciate it was a Sunday and last day of Half term, but it was bedlam in there and not a relaxing experience. There were only four plastic sunbeds to use around the pool so no where to sit down and relax and chill. In addition to this my wife feels that it cannot be referred to as a Spa experience due to it only being a small room off the stairs with no beds or drinks etc on offer. There are posters everywhere promoting the spa but it really needs to have a big investment to make this a hotel that couples could go to and play golf and use the facilities.
Positives -
Golf: The course was stunning, and in fantastic condition.
Food and drinks - Our Sunday lunch was great. We were pretty much the last people in on the Sunday and although there was no beef left (no complaints due to the time we booked) the Chicken and Gammon were great and the portions were excellent. I was a little concerned that the drinks prices would be extortionate, but they were not too bad. The young lady who also served us our lunch was very polite and attentive.
Rooms - Good size and Clean.
Breakfast - Well cooked and plenty of it again.
Treatments - The treatments that my wife and her friend had were excellent and they very much felt that the surroundings did not do justice to the effort that those doing it.

All in all we did enjoy our stay, but the lack of Spa facilities really did let it down.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room overlooking the Golf Course
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We enjoyed a lovely 3 nights at St Mellion. From our arrival to leaving the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the bigger rooms, the Ballesteros Suite, which was very clean and spacious, with a huge bathroom and accompanying bath. The weather was very mild for the end of October and so each afternoon we were able to sit and relax on the balcony in the sunshine, overlooking the last hole of the golf course that is part of the hotel complex (in fact I think there are 2 golf courses there). Breakfast and dinner each day was downstairs in the "18" restaurant. Both were very good, could not fault the service as the waitresses were very friendly and attentive, and the food came quickly (the kids were able to order from a kids menu for dinner, breakfast had the usual mix of hot and cold items). We only used the pool on our last day but we were pleasantly surprised at how warm the pool was. If I had to find one negative, it would be that they could have had more sunbeds around the pool for people to sit down and relax, although when we used the pool it wasn't very busy. Location wise, the hotel was a good base for us as we spend a day on Dartmoor (walking to Wistman's Wood from Two Bridges) and another day we also went to Morwellham Quay (a nearby old copper mine where we were able to make our own bread roll, chocolate and go on an old mine train into the mine). All in all we had a great time staying at St Mellion and there's so much to visit in this area so I'm sure we'll be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Best views on south side, Ballesteros suite large and spacious
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H
Graham H, Manager at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Paul H

Good afternoon, thank you for sharing your thoughts on what was obviously an enjoyable stay for your family at St Mellion Resort. It is great to see that you enjoyed our facilities and had a fab family break with us.

As you rightly say the Resort is also ideally located to visit many of the attractions in the area and I hope you enjoyed the bread roll that you made at Morwellham Quay.

I will ensure that your feedback is also passed on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Mellion in the near future.

Kind regards

Graham
Resort Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I stayed here for a conference and had a double room to myself. It was lovely. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room around it. There was a bit of noise from people walking up and down the corridor outside but not too bad. The bathroom was okay and the shower reasonable although not very powerful. It took me a while to find the hairdryer hidden away in a drawer but there was one, so that was okay. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear devongirlie67

Thank you for your kind words & positive feedback regarding your recent stay at St Mellion International Resort.

I shall share your comments with my colleagues, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort again in the future.

Kindest regards,