1,195 results
All reviewsgolf coursest mellionsuperior roomelemis toiletriesgolf resortbalcony overlookinggolf breakpro shopgreat golfcar parkleisure facilitiesin excellent conditiongreat weekendwedding receptionbiscuitsnicklauscourses
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We enjoyed a lovely 3 nights at St Mellion. From our arrival to leaving the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the bigger rooms, the Ballesteros Suite, which was very clean and spacious, with a huge bathroom and accompanying bath. The weather was very mild for the end of October and so each afternoon we were able to sit and relax on the balcony in the sunshine, overlooking the last hole of the golf course that is part of the hotel complex (in fact I think there are 2 golf courses there). Breakfast and dinner each day was downstairs in the "18" restaurant. Both were very good, could not fault the service as the waitresses were very friendly and attentive, and the food came quickly (the kids were able to order from a kids menu for dinner, breakfast had the usual mix of hot and cold items). We only used the pool on our last day but we were pleasantly surprised at how warm the pool was. If I had to find one negative, it would be that they could have had more sunbeds around the pool for people to sit down and relax, although when we used the pool it wasn't very busy. Location wise, the hotel was a good base for us as we spend a day on Dartmoor (walking to Wistman's Wood from Two Bridges) and another day we also went to Morwellham Quay (a nearby old copper mine where we were able to make our own bread roll, chocolate and go on an old mine train into the mine). All in all we had a great time staying at St Mellion and there's so much to visit in this area so I'm sure we'll be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Best views on south side, Ballesteros suite large and spacious
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H
Graham H, Manager at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Paul H

Good afternoon, thank you for sharing your thoughts on what was obviously an enjoyable stay for your family at St Mellion Resort. It is great to see that you enjoyed our facilities and had a fab family break with us.

As you rightly say the Resort is also ideally located to visit many of the attractions in the area and I hope you enjoyed the bread roll that you made at Morwellham Quay.

I will ensure that your feedback is also passed on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Mellion in the near future.

Graham

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I stayed here for a conference and had a double room to myself. It was lovely. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room around it. There was a bit of noise from people walking up and down the corridor outside but not too bad. The bathroom was okay and the shower reasonable although not very powerful. It took me a while to find the hairdryer hidden away in a drawer but there was one, so that was okay. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear devongirlie67

Thank you for your kind words & positive feedback regarding your recent stay at St Mellion International Resort.

I shall share your comments with my colleagues, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017

nicely located hotel with a good price for its standard. Close to beautiful Plymouth and other nice areas. Did not try the golf-course though. High standard, good service. Several options of things to do! Definitely recommendable both for leisure and, like me, just a quick visit for business-reasons

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Anders U

Good afternoon, thank you for sharing your thoughts on what was obviously an enjoyable stay with us at St Mellion. It is great to see that you enjoyed our facilities during your recent business visit, but as you say the Resort is equally suited to the leisure traveller as well. along with all the other great things to do in the area.

I will ensure that your feedback is also passed on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Mellion in the future when you have a little more time for a leisurely stay with us.

Graham

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

First the positive, this is in a nice location with lovely views from the superior rooms. The staff are friendly and helpful. It just misses out on the restaurant No 18, they have problems cooking meat so medium comes out well done. They over season the steaks, the tables aren’t cleaned properly before being reused. The restaurant manager seemed overworked and did adjust the bill when we complained. The rooms have very small wall mounted TV’s and aren’t cleaned properly, it just doesn’t quite make it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mikesol

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the fact that the stay did not fully meet your expectations.

Your feedback regarding your room and the restaurant has been passed on to the relevant Heads of Department in order that they can make effective changes to ensure that these issues do not arise again in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and i was there to attend the wedding fayre. We had discussed that afterwards we would nip into one of the restaurants for some lunch. We was greeted by a very frosty reception byba waiter that you could tell he didn't want to be there, he tried to seat us in the corner after i asked politely could we sit by the window and he sort of grunted at us which was rather rude. It then took 20mins for someone to come and take our drinks order and we asked if we could see an actual menu with the roast dinners on and we had been seated in the wrong restaurant...

We decided to stay put as we was made to feel like children by the obnoxious waitress, we ordered our drinks and food at the same time a 1/2 pint of coke and a flat white coffee, it took them 15 mins to arrive, a pint of coke and a coffee in a chipped cup arrived was not best pleased to say the least...

It took another 15 mins for the food to arrive, we only ordered a couple of baguettes and a portion of chips, still was nice to eventually have some lunch i was starving by this point and went to tuck in and my plate was dirty, whoever had my plate previously had tomato ketchup and it had been baked on in the dishwasher.

I can fairly say i will not be returning for any sort of event and certainly wont be planning the wedding of my dreams around the venue either is thats the sort of standards they keep.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan M

Dear Jan M

Good afternoon, many thanks for your review and I would like to apologise for the fact that the service provided by St Mellion Resort has not met your expectations on this occasion. It is always our wish to provide all our guests with an exceptional 4* experience, and is disappointing when we fail to achieve this.

The members of staff in question is fully aware of the standards of service delivery that are expected of my team members and has been reminded of their responsibilities with regards to the delivery of these standards.

Should you be looking to book to stay with us in the future I am more than happy for you to contact me directly to arrange your booking for you.