We booked this as a group of Four as we had been in Plymouth the previous night out so we wanted to play Golf while our Wifes relaxed in the "Spa".
The deal we had was very good - it was £129.00 per room, which included a three course Sunday Lunch and Drink, with a superior room and use of the facilities.
The Negatives -
Golf: We played the Kernow course and there were just too many people playing. We played as a two ball but a Society had gone off earlier and we had to wait to start every hole, and sometimes wait to play our shots on each hole. We Teed off at 11.30am as a group of ladies let us play before the (should have been 12.06pm) and we were only on the 14th hole at 4.00pm so had to finish then as we would have missed our lunch booking.
Rooms: Floor boards are very creaky and noisey.
Spa: My wife and her friend did use the pool etc and I do appreciate it was a Sunday and last day of Half term, but it was bedlam in there and not a relaxing experience. There were only four plastic sunbeds to use around the pool so no where to sit down and relax and chill. In addition to this my wife feels that it cannot be referred to as a Spa experience due to it only being a small room off the stairs with no beds or drinks etc on offer. There are posters everywhere promoting the spa but it really needs to have a big investment to make this a hotel that couples could go to and play golf and use the facilities.
Golf: The course was stunning, and in fantastic condition.
Food and drinks - Our Sunday lunch was great. We were pretty much the last people in on the Sunday and although there was no beef left (no complaints due to the time we booked) the Chicken and Gammon were great and the portions were excellent. I was a little concerned that the drinks prices would be extortionate, but they were not too bad. The young lady who also served us our lunch was very polite and attentive.
Rooms - Good size and Clean.
Breakfast - Well cooked and plenty of it again.
Treatments - The treatments that my wife and her friend had were excellent and they very much felt that the surroundings did not do justice to the effort that those doing it.
All in all we did enjoy our stay, but the lack of Spa facilities really did let it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Cornwall, England - Saltash