1,200 results
All reviews golf course st mellion superior room elemis toiletries golf resort balcony overlooking golf break pro shop great golf car park leisure facilities in excellent condition great weekend wedding reception biscuits nicklaus courses
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed with friends for the night followed up with a spa treatment. Reception staff was fantastic and was very helpful. Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Dinner service was a little frantic. Food was very nice. Spa was amazing and staff great, however lots of little children made lots of noise so not as relaxing as I'd of wished for and there was insufficient loungers for us all to sit/lay on. Breakfast was a bit of a nightmare the buffet was just warm and you had to wait some time before you got a full breakfast as they was stocking up; no eggs and then no bacon which was a bit of a pain.we wasn't given a menu so wasn't aware of we could've ordered anything different.Lovely cup of tea. I would've prefeared table service and would've expected it too, I feel the breakfast did let it down. Would I go again? Yes. depending on rates available.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Graham H, Manager at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear karenZ9651FP

Good afternoon, many thanks for your constructive feedback on your stay at St Mellion Resort. Whilst it is nice to see that in general your stay was good and you enjoyed your time with us we clearly have some work to do to exceed expectations.

St Mellion Resort has recently appointed a new senior management team and we are in the process of introducing new standards, improving existing standards and creating a truly 'Resort' feel to St Mellion. Your comments regarding the level of service at both Dinner and Breakfast have been noted and shared with our Food and Beverage Management team for review and improvement were needed. I have also asked our Health and Fitness Manager to review the number of loungers that we currently have available in the pool area and source more if required.

We hope that in the future you will return to the Resort to be able to experience these changes.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Our first stay at St Mellion did not disappoint.

Loved the stunning views of the Cornish countryside from our balcony overlooking the 18th hole. Great choice of places to eat/drink under one roof and fantastic facilities to keep you occupied.

The pools were really nice and warm, and open 'till 10pm.

Great evening entertainment, friendly helpful staff, and a nice ambiance to the whole place.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear HollyHayle

Many thanks for sharing with us your feedback on your recent stay. It is great to see that you made full use of the resort facilities and found them all to your liking.

It's also pleasing to see that throughout the property you experience great service from the team. We work hard on our team ethos and customer service and whilst we may not always get it right it is pleasing when it does and we can make someone's stay so good.

I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Mellion in the future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I eat out regularly and have eaten here before without problems, so went there for our silver wedding anniversary meal. Service was very slow considering the room was almost empty and it was early. We ordered our food and it was all ok, nothing exceptional but ok. We then waited 37 minutes to have our table cleared. There were only 16 customers in the place. They asked us if we wanted deserts and we said yes....Then they forgot to bring us menus. I had to ask for menus. The pudding menu was lacking. There were only 5 choices. I chose one of them and they had none left! So a top class hotel and restaurant had only 4 puddings to choose from. I opted for the sticky ginger pudding. It was not sticky. It was a dry heavily microwaved lump of sponge with a spoon of clotted cream. Presentation was poor too. The total bill including a members discount was £75. My local pub would have provided better food and service for around £50. I won't be eating there again.

Room Tip: Eat elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear SiloamCornwall

Good afternoon, many thanks for your review and I would like to apologise for the fact that the service provided by St Mellion Resort has not met your expectations on this occasion. It is always our wish to provide all our guests with an exceptional 4* experience, and is disappointing when we fail to achieve this. We have recently appointed a new Executive Head Chef who is currently in the process of redesigning all of our Resort menus to make them far more reflective of our 4* status.

The members of staff in question is fully aware of the standards of service delivery that are expected of my team members and has been reminded of their responsibilities with regards to the delivery of these standards.

Following the launch of our new menus it would be great to have you return to the Resort to enjoy some of our new dishes with us. If you could send your email address to me at stmellion-hotelmanger@crown-golf.co.uk we can get this arranged.

Graham Hole

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights just for a break as it was reasonably priced compared to other more coastal hotels.
The staff are very good from the start. The room was a trek down a long corridor but was spotless and airy with a great view over the course.
The room had aircon and generous bathroom products . A nice external seating area if the weather is ok.
We didnt check out the spa but looked busy at certain times with all the non hotel members .

Dinner and breakfast were both excellent, good quality good portions and friendly staff.
I could see that most of the guests were there for golf but dont be put off its just a nice relaxing place to spend time.
My only negative is the parking is a bit selective towards the golfing fraternity rather the hotel guests as it is a walk from hotel to the main car park even when using the drop off point its a pain . Would stay again if in the area

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear dkwilli

Many thanks for your review, it's great to see that you had such a fantastic stay with us. By the content of your review it seems that you got to use and enjoy all of the fantastic facilities that the Resort has to offer.

Unfortunately with a Resort of our size parking can always be a bit of a challenge. However we do not have specific parking areas for golfers and hotel guests. There is a small car park near the main building, which is well used by golfers due to the time at which they often arrive at the Resort and this car park can be full when hotel guests arrive to check in, but our main car park is only a 2 minute walk from the Resort buildings and as you say we do have drop off points to make it as convenient for guests as possible.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We got a fairly last minute dinner bed and breakfast deal for one night in a superior room. Check in was efficient and we were offered an orientation of the hotel and bags carried to the room should we have needed it. We were on the first floor with rooms above and below us. However, we had a great nights sleep with little external noise. Looking out over the golf course 18th hole and watching the friendly golf players was fun and the changing weather made for a great vista. Seagulls, crows and moorhens walked around like they owned the place!

Bedroom was very clean.

Staff were all friendly and the brasserie meal was good if a little slow in coming. I think the hotel was busy with various functions going on.

The fun place to be after dinner was the Nicklaus Bar and come great conversations were had. Hi to the golfers from Bridport!

The leisure centre is good with a big pool for families and a separate pool with swimming lanes for those of us trying to do a tiny bit of exercise. Service was friendly and the pool towels nice. The staff swap your new pound coin for a version of their own which works with the lockers and then return your nice shiny pound coin at the end of the visit. I would love to try the spa next time!

Breakfast was ok but my order got confused and I ended up with poached rather than boiled eggs but freshly done so a minor issue. Coffee from pots rather than presses was the only disappointment.

Parking was easy.

I wish I could have stayed here for two nights.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear St-Lucia_Enthusiast

Good afternoon, many thanks for sharing your thoughts with the wider Tripadvisor community. It is always great for the St Mellion team when we are able to truly impact on someone's stay and exceed their expectations. From your feedback it looks like you managed to use most of the facilities that the Resort has to offer and found them all to be to your liking.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the team and we all look forward to welcome you back to St Mellion Resort in the near future.