“Ordered a birthday cake”
Review of Because I Like It

Because I Like It
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Bakewell
Price range: USD 3 - USD 28
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Because I Like It is a tearooms, with gluten-free,dairy-free and vegan options, as well as a gift shop and gallery in the centre of the beautiful Peak District town of Bakewell, Derbyshire.
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I recently found this quaint coffee shop bistro. It's run by Nigel & Val.

They seem to specialise in alergen free cake, I asked Val if she could make me a Birthday Cake for my Grandchildren. Louie is one and his sister Blake is two with just 6 days between birthdays.
Louie can't eat dairy so I needed a dairy free cake, Val made it Gluten free and Nut free so as many children as possible could enjoy it.
The inside was three layers of coloured sponge and it looked like a rainbow.
The cake was a huge success and all the children thought it was scrummy. Most parents commented on how light and fluffy the sponge was.
I was asked who made it and just said "Because I like it"
What a wonderful name for your scrummy bistro.

Thankyou Nigel & Val I will know where to come next time I want scrummy cake.

Val-Director, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

You are very welcome Colin and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed it. The pleasure we see people getting from being able to have cakes that cater for their needs makes all the extra trouble and effort so rewarding for us. Although we specialise in the baking of allergen-free cakes, it's the first time we've tried decorating one like this, so thank you for the opportunity!
A belated happy birthday to your grandchildren from us.
Val & Nigel

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Visiting Bakewell today in the pouring rain and searched this gem out after excellent reviews. We wasn't disappointed :-) Loads of various dishes on the menue, which can be adapted for food allergy suffers. We had the gluten free cream tea and it was lovely and fresh. The scones, that were nice and large in size, came to the table nice and warm and were well received with jam and clotted cream washed down with a hot cup of coffee. If your in Bakewell, you must search this lovely friendly cafe out, you won't be disappointed. We were also allowed to take our dog in as well, which we really thought was nice and we appreciated that. I would say 10 out of 10 :-)

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your gluten free cream tea with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Bakewell.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a hot drink on a damp day. We were able to take the dog into the back room with us. Although we only had drinks there was a good range of food available.

Thank you for your kind review.

We're pleased you enjoyed your visit to our cafe.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Plenty of Vegan options (and gluten free)
Very friendly owners
Great food
Lovely setting. Couldn't wish for more.

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review.

We're so pleased you liked the Vegan meals you had at our cafe.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We found the only dog friendly cafe open after 4:30pm. And what a treasure.
Look at the choices of tea before ordering, there are over 40 different types.
And the cakes all look moreish. Shame I had to abstain, but definitely indulgent.

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review.

We're pleased you enjoyed your visit to our cafe. We'd particularly like to thank you for your comments about our range of loose leaf teas!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Bakewell.