“Private quiet and Perfect location.”
other travellers have booked this property
Enter a caption for your photo
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Keith W
Goole, United Kingdom
“Private quiet and Perfect location.”
Reviewed 28 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

My Wife and I booked this lodge for 2 nights just to get away from it all as we have been under considerable stress recently.
This was exactly the place to do that.
We couldn't have wished for better and would come back in the future.

Your age range 50-64
Mischief...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed 12 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I visited at the end of December 2015 for a long weekend away for our wedding anniversary. It is perfect for this! Secluded, cosy, romantic, clean, decorated well and the amenities locally are great. The hot tub is fabulous, it was warm, decorated for Christmas and champagne and chocolates greeted us on our arrival.

If I was going to be picky it would be the bathroom, it is a little dated and in need of a bit of a refresh. Moreover, on one occasion, which I note other people have stated, the shower was freezing cold!! Generally, a fabulous little trip but I wouldn't say it was fully value for money as it was a pricy weekend stay. 2 nights cost almost £500. I think because of this, I was expecting perfect, but it fell a little short.

Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
Naz A
Leeds, United Kingdom
“best for privacy”
Reviewed 9 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

Dont usually do reviews but I feel like this really really deserved one, will be a long review but i want to be honest and list everything

me and my partner are in our late 20s and we have stayed at this woodcutters cabin for the 3rd time now

The reason we picked this place out of looking at 100s of different cabins was the privacy.

Many will claim their cabins/lodges are private but 10metres apart from another cabin or when someone has a view of your cabin is not private to us BUT the woodcutters cabin actually is private, no one can see you, if look out of the windows and all you will see is the beautyful scenery and not a soul in sight. This makes the hot tub they have that much better, especially whith the sun is setting you can enjoy the scenery with a drink and your loved one in peace soaked in hot bubbles :)

the cabin is very clean and tidy,, and most important to me with a fear of bugs.. not one in sight which is quiet shocking as its in the countryside

the bed is very comfortable and managed to get some good sleep which i aint had even managed in my own bed for quite a while, not once did i feel cold or uncomfy,, but if you are cold, hot water bottles are provided which you really dont need as the heating in the cabin itself is spot on,

the owners of the cabin have been wonderful, the welcome touches such as a bottle, box of chocolates and especially this time round was really a surprise to us,, i had informed them from my stay last year i want to book again for february for my missus birthday and when we got there there was ballons, birthday banners, gift set for my missus on bed which she absolutely loved and best of all from year ago they remembered that neither of us drink alcohol and they had popped a bottle of non alcoholic for us in a bucket of ice waiting for us. this was very sweet and thoughtful

there is wifi availible but me and partner decided for the 4days there no phones just us,, bought us some movies to watch(dont watch horror if you get scared as your in middle of nowhere lol)

i could go on and on with the attention to detail of this cabin that makes everything perfect .. please please if you want a romantic OR 100% privacy or just a getaway then this is the place to be at and this definitly wont be our last stay here :) we prefer this to holidays abroad in all honestly as the most impotrant thing to us is privacy

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the total privacy
Liked least: amount of tv channels
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
beth2729
Walsall, United Kingdom
“A wonderful New Year mini-break”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights at the end of the year. The cabin is cosy and beautiful. The attention to detail was truly amazing, we had everything we needed, it made for a very special New Year's Eve. Hot tub is fabulous! The cabin is close to the main house but totally private, did not see another person until we went to the spa (recommended!). Stunning views all round too.

Xania Bat...
“Cosy, Warm and Secluded. Perfect getaway!”
Reviewed 30 December 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My partner and I stayed here for two nights in October to celebrate our anniversary. We began by getting slightly lost on our way, and the lady on the phone was very helpful and guided us brilliantly. On our arrival we were greeted by a box of chocolates and a bottle of bubbly, we were very impressed. The cabin was so warm and cosy, so idyllic with the autumn weather. Everything was simple to use and the handbook was very informative. The hot tub was obviously a highlight, but the amount of thought and care that has gone in to the furnishings and decorations of the cabin is top quality.
We spent a day exploring the little town of Bakewell, which is a lovely place to find somewhere to eat. Highly recommend Woodcutters Cabin as a lovely quiet getaway :-)

Liked best: Hot Tub
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing