“Wonderful place to relax and chill out”
other travellers have booked this property
The road view Looking at Vallon from the terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The road view
Looking at Vallon from the terrace
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 1
Sitting room
Sitting room
The view from the terrace
view from the terrace/bedroom
View from the bedroom
Bedroom 1
bathroom 1
Detail on throw bedroom 2
Bathroom 2
Thick walls on the staircase
Dining/conservatory
Well equipped Kitchen with great equipment
The kitchen
Derbyshire Hills and edges
Youlgrave Allotments
Beautiful area of Peak District
Youlgrave in the snow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Itsme72
North West, England
“Wonderful place to relax and chill out”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Recently had an excellent stay at Vallon Cottage. Ideal for a chilled out relaxing break. Lots of great walks from the door and cottage very cosy to come back to. Old and quirky, and full of character, but with all modern comforts. Fantastic views, lovely log burner, lots of candles, large selection of books and DVDs, and vast CD collection with music to suit all tastes. Everything has been thought of, from wide selection of teas and ground coffee to I-pad charger. There are 3 pubs in the village, all within walking distance. The Farmyard is just a few minutes walk away and does excellent meals (need to book) but also nice to eat at the cottage, in the conservatory dining room, with fab views and can also watch the birds on the bird feeder including daily visits from a woodpecker.

Liked best: Cosy and peaceful
Liked least: Nothin
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
9 Apr 2015
Glad you had such a lovely time in Vallon Andrew and thank you for your wonderful review. It's heartening to hear that all the things we think are important, are also important and valuable to our guests. The woodpecker is beautiful, glad he came to visit most days, he/she enjoys our nuts, we have to keep the feeders filled even when there's no-one there :) Hope to welcome you again another time.
Ali
sarrra100...
Manchester, England
“A peaceful oasis”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

This is a beautiful cottage in a peaceful location. The outdoor areas in particular are absolutely gorgeous and a real sun trap. There is everything you could want for your stay, including lots of information on things to do in the area and plenty of books and DVDs in case the weather is against you. The food at the local pub, The Farmyard, is excellent, so you don't have to cook unless you want to. If you do, then everything you need is there.

I would highly recommend this cottage..

Travelling group: Other
1 Oct 2014
Thanks you for your great review Geof. It's always good to hear that your visit brought so much pleasure. I agree that the Farmyard Inn is a good place for food and because its only a 5 minute walk away they feed most of my guests :) Thanks once more and look forward to welcoming you again. Ali Plowright
Stephen K
UK
“Quaint, full of Character”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

When I read the first reviewed of Vallon Cottage it was an easy decision to make the booking. Ali was a great help and the booking process with her help was so easy.
When my wife and I first arrived for a 3 night stay, we were hesitant to find the front of the cottage a little unusual, plane gable end, stairs down to the front door. Once through the front door, Oh my goodness what an Aladdin's cave of quirky character and charm. An unusual room layout, a study come reading room on the top floor, the two bedrooms on the second floor. The main bedroom is very large with probably the largest en-suite bathroom I have seen. The view from the bedroom windows is amazing, I only wish I could wake up to that view every morning. On the lower floor is the sitting room, with two settees, wood burner stove, overall a very comfortable room with a mountain of CD's Videos and books to curl up on the settee for a relaxing night.Leading off the sitting room is the kitchen which has a huge supply of cutlery, dishes etc, then onto the dining room which leads out onto a balcony. I only wish the weather was warmer during our stay so we could have sat outside with a glass of wine and enjoyed the views. One noticeable thing was the complete lack of noise, so peaceful.
The whole atmosphere of Vallon Cottage is aimed at comfort and relaxation.
Ali, my wife and I can only say a simple thank you for what was a superb weekend and hope at sometime in the future you would allow us the privilege of staying again.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
29 Sep 2014
Hi Steve
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review, its always so rewarding to hear that Vallon provided you and your wife with a lovely holiday and a space to peacefully relax. I love my times in Vallon too and its always an opportunity to check everything is working and make the little changes that make a difference to you our customer. We really value your appreciation and hope to welcome you back another time, and hopefully the sun will shine more when you return :) Ali Plowright
SydneyDee...
Sydney
“Vallon Cottage deserves all the superlatives!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Rereading a few of the reviews I read before booking Vallon Cottage I can now say with absolute authority - all the good things mentioned are true! It is a very special place to stay and truly does nestle you into itself so completely that you feel at home immediately. The attention to those things that add enormously to travellers' comfort do exactly as they're intended to do.
The massive and stunning main bedroom and equally massive 'ensuite' (seriously - it's huge!) and the comfiest bed I've ever slept in meant I wanted to cancel the rest of my UK holiday and stay here. The 2nd bedroom had an equally comfortable bed and the 2nd small but full bathroom was a bonus for our daughter.
Ali (owner) has so many home comforts in this cottage that it feels like a privilege to be able to stay here. I felt dreadful when an oil bottle fell on and broke a little pottery dish but Ali told me not to worry when I messaged her about it.
The back conservatory room is a warm haven on a cool or rainy day and the deck area with its table and chairs is fabulous for outdoor eating or an evening drink. It took a while for we Aussies to accept that we weren't going to get bitten to death by mosquitoes sitting outside at dusk!
In summation, we are so lucky that people like Ali are happy to share their beautiful holiday cottages with us. The cost is so much less than a hotel and the experience is immeasurably better. I for one am grateful...thank you Ali!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. But if I have to mention one... the bed.
Liked least: Loved everything.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
6 Jul 2014
Wow Dee, its so heartening to read such a wonderful review, thank you. Wonderful because your feedback tells me you enjoyed staying in Vallon and that's my mission to make every stay special. Vallon is a very loved cottage, the situation and the ambience always leave me wishing I could stay longer and its so lovely to hear that you felt the same way. If we come to Sydney we will definitely look you up :) thanks again and so very happy your stay was so good. Warm regards Ali
Bromsgrove
Reviewed 6 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
6 Jul 2014
I am so sorry that I didn't respond to your review which was such a wonderful one for Vallon Cottage. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time after Christmas and that relaxing was on your agenda, it is hard not to at Vallon isn't it. Thanks again for your really kind words and hope to welcome you back again. Ali
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing