“Really put off and not returning in a hurry”
Review of Upstairs Cafe

Upstairs Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Usually enjoy coming here. The food is nice and well presented and very reasonably priced. Today on ordering a hot drink I was asked 'are you sure you want that?' Well yes I wouldn't be ordering it if I didn't. Ordered the breakfast for the first time in here and let's just say we were both under whelmed when it came. I Don't like things well done but it was verging on under cooked and very basic. Within seconds of the last piece of toast being picked up the plate was whisked away and moments later I'd just put my knife and fork down and was still chewing and that plate got whisked away also despite the other person still eating. Found this really rude and we both just looked at each other in disbelief. The place wasn't even busy to warrant us being made to feel rushed. The food hung heavy all day and the customer service really soured our experience on a place we used to like coming to.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Spire79

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Usually call in one of the Bakewell pubs on Saturdays but prices are getting hiked up. This café is not one I have used 'till now. Just to say in a nut shell, it was clean, very friendly staff and the food was excellent!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Called in at Bakewell for a light snack on the way to Lathkill Dale for a walk and this was the firt place we found after leaving the Island car park.

The premsis were very clean and staff attentive.

We opted for scrambled egg and smoked salmon with tea. Very nicely cooked and presented with the egg well cooked as I like it. And the salmon was excellent

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 9 March 2017

morning coffee, friendly service, good deals. Would come back for lunch another time. Plenty of space. It's upstairs so had not noticed it before.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Have been going to this cafe since it opened over 15 years ago always served good food and drink we used to go with my son when he was young and he enjoyed the children's options.

Date of visit: February 2017