“Great food and service”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We visited Le Mistral on a Saturday night without booking ahead.

My wife was a little cautious due to a previous poor experience at the Nottingham branch.

We were shown to our table after a brief wait during which we had a drink at a table in the entrance area.

The food was extremely good and the service was excellent - our waitress thankfully warned me off ordering soup as well as the shared cammonbert to start with the friendly words "you realise that that would be a lot of food sir?"

I'm glad I took her advice! Great food and great service - what more could you want?

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Went on Wednesday night 22 May without a reservation as it said 2 main courses and a bottle of wine for £26. We could have any of the meals on the blackboard and a bottle of house wine.
They said they hadn't got any house wine but gave us a bottle of shiraz which was on the menu at £15.95 a bottle. The waitress was very friendly and helpful and said if we didn't fancy any of the meals on the offer we could choose from the main menu and it would just be a couple of extra pounds. My husband had red mullet and I had beef bourguignon and they were exquisite.
All in all a lovely meal for the start of our holiday

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went tonight (Wednesday) to be greeted by a shirty waitress stressing about how "busy" they were, yet most of the tables were empty. We were told that as we had not reserved a table the customers that had made reservations took priority, charming !, anyway we sat down at 7.20, looked at the menu. The waitresses were floating about not taking orders from any other tables so after 20 mins I asked a passing server if it was ok for us to order, she replied " the people who have reservations take priority, as I explained earlier ! " she was so rude and I just assumed that as nobody was taking orders from any other customers we could get served. No obviously not ! At 8 o'clock a couple were seated and their order taken straight away. So let me get this straight we had sat for 40 mins and a reservation for 8 o'clock has to be served before we can ! What happens at 8.30 when someone else comes who gets "priority" needless to say we paid for our drinks and left. I tried to ask why it took so long only to be told again that people with reservations take priority, in other words my custom means nothing to them, living locally I will never be going there again! Why let people have a table when they have no reservation if the policy is not to look after them and treat them as though they are a nuisance! Terrible experience, oh and thanks Le Mistral for spoiling my wedding anniversary. Maybe you should be nicer to local residents as out of holiday season we keep your business going !!

3  Thank Waxylicious
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The best mid-price restaurant in Bakewell, interesting menu, excellent food, great wines. Well worth going to instead of the usual pub food at most places here, it's the restaurant we visit most often as Bakewell residents

Reviewed 22 May 2013

A Tuesday night at 7pm when there are only four tables in use..... You would expect to at least have a drinks order taken after waiting for twenty minutes!
The waitress was unfriendly and didn't care when we left after waiting to at least be acknowledged.
Don't bother