“Don't bother :(”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went tonight (Wednesday) to be greeted by a shirty waitress stressing about how "busy" they were, yet most of the tables were empty. We were told that as we had not reserved a table the customers that had made reservations took priority, charming !, anyway we sat down at 7.20, looked at the menu. The waitresses were floating about not taking orders from any other tables so after 20 mins I asked a passing server if it was ok for us to order, she replied " the people who have reservations take priority, as I explained earlier ! " she was so rude and I just assumed that as nobody was taking orders from any other customers we could get served. No obviously not ! At 8 o'clock a couple were seated and their order taken straight away. So let me get this straight we had sat for 40 mins and a reservation for 8 o'clock has to be served before we can ! What happens at 8.30 when someone else comes who gets "priority" needless to say we paid for our drinks and left. I tried to ask why it took so long only to be told again that people with reservations take priority, in other words my custom means nothing to them, living locally I will never be going there again! Why let people have a table when they have no reservation if the policy is not to look after them and treat them as though they are a nuisance! Terrible experience, oh and thanks Le Mistral for spoiling my wedding anniversary. Maybe you should be nicer to local residents as out of holiday season we keep your business going !!

3  Thank Waxylicious

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The best mid-price restaurant in Bakewell, interesting menu, excellent food, great wines. Well worth going to instead of the usual pub food at most places here, it's the restaurant we visit most often as Bakewell residents

Reviewed 22 May 2013

A Tuesday night at 7pm when there are only four tables in use..... You would expect to at least have a drinks order taken after waiting for twenty minutes!
The waitress was unfriendly and didn't care when we left after waiting to at least be acknowledged.
Don't bother

2  Thank JillN775
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We decided to go again for Lunch, It was very quiet at 2pm . My garlic bread was nice but my husbands started of garlic mushrooms was not good, described as being in a garlic , wine , cream sauce topped with parmesan, it turned out to be dry mushrooms topped with what appeared to be the bottom from the toaster. The Chef obviously forgot to put the sauce in. We should have complained but chose not to (always a mistake). Arrabiata mussels were good and my Lentil and Broccoli cakes were nice (mostly potato) but served with fries??? and mixed leaves. Everything seems to come with a baguette and mixed leaves so if you dont watch carefully what you are odering you can end up with bread and salad twice. We do like it there and the Staff are nice but we were a little disappointed this time, BUT we should have complained. If you are reading this dont be put off going as it can be exceptional.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Although I've rated very good I'm being generous. I couldn't fault the steaks they were perfectly cooked but I had a few niggles, which would probably make me not rush back. I booked the table online for my daughters birthday and made that comment on the booking form. A member of staff did say happy birthday to her but maybe they could have done more? The mussels which I ordered as a starter were served with a sauce with the option of cream, which made it too milky certainly not how the french serve them. My daughter choose the duck main course which she did really like except for the wine sauce, I tasted it and it was very over powering. My steak was cooked perfectly but it was served with rocket with no dressing but grated parmesan on top? My daughter had a chocolate pot which she really enjoyed. The waiter was very attentive but then it was on a Monday night and very quiet.