“Just Ok”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We decided to go again for Lunch, It was very quiet at 2pm . My garlic bread was nice but my husbands started of garlic mushrooms was not good, described as being in a garlic , wine , cream sauce topped with parmesan, it turned out to be dry mushrooms topped with what appeared to be the bottom from the toaster. The Chef obviously forgot to put the sauce in. We should have complained but chose not to (always a mistake). Arrabiata mussels were good and my Lentil and Broccoli cakes were nice (mostly potato) but served with fries??? and mixed leaves. Everything seems to come with a baguette and mixed leaves so if you dont watch carefully what you are odering you can end up with bread and salad twice. We do like it there and the Staff are nice but we were a little disappointed this time, BUT we should have complained. If you are reading this dont be put off going as it can be exceptional.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Although I've rated very good I'm being generous. I couldn't fault the steaks they were perfectly cooked but I had a few niggles, which would probably make me not rush back. I booked the table online for my daughters birthday and made that comment on the booking form. A member of staff did say happy birthday to her but maybe they could have done more? The mussels which I ordered as a starter were served with a sauce with the option of cream, which made it too milky certainly not how the french serve them. My daughter choose the duck main course which she did really like except for the wine sauce, I tasted it and it was very over powering. My steak was cooked perfectly but it was served with rocket with no dressing but grated parmesan on top? My daughter had a chocolate pot which she really enjoyed. The waiter was very attentive but then it was on a Monday night and very quiet.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Refreshing when it seems most everything else is pub food or fish and chips. I'll agree its lacking in the Cuisine française! Service can be a bit slow. I do however always enjoy the salmon nicose and a cold white wine. I prefer the location in Wirksworth but in Bakewell this is a good bet!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My partner and I visited Le Mistral for evening meal over the recent Bank Hol weekend and it was lovely. Unusual for me to say this 'cos I know I'm not easily pleased, but it was nigh on perfect! The front of house staff were excellent - helped us choose the quietest table for my hearing problem - and were incredibly efficient. The atmosphere was lovely - busy, buzzing,cosy and intimate. The food was as near to real traditional French as you're ever gonna get (have lived in France so I can tell you that's so!) and the whole experience makes you want to go back again. Go, eat and enjoy!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We had the wine and meal deal which was good value, but there is nothing French about the food. No where in France would you get chopped lettuce and tomato described as a salad, especially without any dressing. Haricot verts were not cooked. Wine was nice - house Rose. Okay but a bit disappointing.