“Good Pub Grub”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I visited the Castle last week with my friend for an evening meal, we both had fish and chips with mushy peas.
It was nicely cooked and presented. Both the fish and chips were crisp and not too greasy.
We didn't have anything else other than a couple of hand pull beers which were also good.
Very good value as i think the fish and chips were about £5 each??
Hope this is helpful.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We have visited this pub before and we did try to eat here last time but the wait was so long so we just left. This visit however was much better, we ordered a starter and we both had a Sunday lunch. The service was very good, the waiting staff were very friendly and the food was very nice. The half a chicken was very nice and the beef rib was very tasty. The food was very hot and fresh and we enjoyed the meal. The price for a Sunday lunch is good value. I would go back to eat here.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We found The Castle after we had spent the day on a SIXTEEN mile walk. The atmosphere and the choice of food wad something we really needed.

The price, volume and quality of the food was amazing. The staff were really friendly. I will certainly be recommending The Castle to anyone who is in the area!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We were staying for on night in Bakewell en route to Scotland. We looked all over the town at several pubs, none of which appealed to us before going into the Castle. I think we were a bit later than most diners as the area we ate in had a rather tired feel to it. Prices were reasonable but my lasagne lacked any substance and was just sloppy. Service was just about polite. I would not go back and actually got quite depressed at the thought I might have to eat like this during our road trip (thankfully it got so much better after this). It was the poorest meal we had in nearly two weeks away.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Very dog friendly lovely pub. Nice and friendly as I was on my own with my dog. The food is very good. Would recommend the lamb shank

Date of visit: July 2018