“What a find!!!”
Review of Canal Trust Cafe

Canal Trust Cafe
Price range: USD 4 - USD 10
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I first visited on a market day (Thursday) and, although never really ventured to that part of B-O-Avon, it was a glorious day and I decided on a walk along the canal. I saw the cafe and was immediately drawn to its friendly and welcoming appearance with a vintage feel (i'm a vintage singer)
It has little gardens to sit in, plus it is situated directly on the canal path so ideal for a stop off with a view.
The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't help me enough in choosing what to have.
I went for the cream tea with a coffee (instead of tea).

I sat outside and chatted to a friendly retired couple who said they visit regularly as they love it so much..
They brought it promptly outside to my table and it not only looked delicious but I have to say it was the best scone i've had in many years and the flat white coffee was rich and bursting with flavour. They popped Rhoddas clotted cream and jam in a pot (ok... as the photo shows on this occasion I popped jam on first in haste! apologies.. ;)
I thanked them and said i'd return...

Saturday 9th April, this time with my husband (our anniversary), we sat on the top decking area which was bustling, not surprisingly, with people, dogs (happily allowed with water bowls dotted about), children.. a lovely atmosphere and again we were lucky to have such great weather.
We ordered a cream cheese and all the trimmings malted baguette and (of course) a cream tea!
My husband was as impressed with it as I was, he proclaimed it was the best fluffiest scone he'd tasted.

The team were again so friendly even though they were absolutely rushed off their feet..

Can't wait to return!
I have already told many people how wonderful it is and very good value for money.
YOU MUST GO!

Note - found out it's open everyday except a Tuesday.

1  Thank Since01974

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

After a lovely walk along the canal from Hilperton ,it was great to sit by the canal side and enjoy a delicious slice of homemade cake. Warm welcome, and an ideal spot to watch the locks in operation. We will be back soon for a cream tea

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Such a nice place to sit and take 5. The service was friendly and the coffee was good but the CAKES ............were delicious ......and this is one of the few places in Bradford on avon where the cakes actualy ARE made on the premises, not by some mysterious lady in another town or (more likely) Bookers chiller cabinet !! Well done guys hope you have a great summer.

Highly recommended

1  Thank sean749
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I went to the canal trust cafe with friends as I was highly recommended. The service was amazing by Victoria and Tarkan. The cakes were to die for and very large slices. They do many gluten free cakes as well. I have been back quiet a few times since having tried there lunch menu which again was huge and delicious. You are welcomed as soon as you walk through the door.
I can't wait for the spring to go back there and take my sister as she is celiac , they have such a good gluten free range.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Situated right beside Bradford on Avon upper lock, this is a great place in which to enjoy a cup of tea and a delicious slice of cake (sitting inside or outside by the lock and tow-path).

1  Thank Martyn W