We could not have been more charmed or pleased with our experience at The Castle Inn. It started months earlier with Tom, the GM, who was communicative and helpful in booking us and making accommodations for our kids. And it ended with Tilly, who graciously helped us as we arrived to the Inn late (we had tickets to a concert at the Music Centre nearby). She got us checked-in, seated, fed, called us a cab, took care of our billing, and chatted with us later that evening as we wound down our trip with one last pint and g&t.
All of the above should be expected in hospitality but it’s all too rare. And still, our experience stood out. We were treated as family. The place is to-die-for charming and warm and the rooms are absolutely lovely. (And they are quiet and feel very private, even above a pub.).
To our deep disappointment our stay was literally only 11 hours from check-in to departure. They still made this impression on us. Well done. We would return in a heartbeat, and hopefully can stay longer than one next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful freehouse pub with 4 generously proportioned luxury boutique bedrooms with stunning views over the Georgian rooftops of the pretty town of Bradford on Avon & beyond. Just 7 miles from the historic city of Bath, The Castle is set in a characterful Georgian building & has traded as an Inn for 160 years. Lovingly, sympathetically & imaginatively restored The Castle has a playful eccentricity that is Cluedo country house meets traditional country pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your The Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle Hotel Bradford-On-Avon
- The Castle Inn Bradford-On-Avon, England