Authentic country inn on the edge of town. Town centre is short but steep walk away. Staff gave us a warm welcome and were friendly and helpful throughout our stay (Tom and Tilly in particular). Breakfast was excellent (with freshly squeezed orange juice). Evening meal was very good and reasonably priced. Very good selection of draught beer, wine and spirits. Free newspapers and magazines available in the bar areas. This is a genuine British pub/inn and not some city designer's vision of what they think a British pub/inn should be. Any lack of 'corporate polish' is more than made up for by the warm, authentic and friendly atmosphere and the excellent work of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful freehouse pub with 4 generously proportioned luxury boutique bedrooms with stunning views over the Georgian rooftops of the pretty town of Bradford on Avon & beyond. Just 7 miles from the historic city of Bath, The Castle is set in a characterful Georgian building & has traded as an Inn for 160 years. Lovingly, sympathetically & imaginatively restored The Castle has a playful eccentricity that is Cluedo country house meets traditional country pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au and Hotels.com so you can book your The Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle Hotel Bradford-On-Avon
- The Castle Inn Bradford-On-Avon, England