“Always excellent food and friendly service”
Review of Seven Stars Pub

Seven Stars Pub
Price range: USD 7 - USD 26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a countryside Free house Pub Serving a great selection of Food & Drinks. We cater for all groups, children, dogs, disabled and those of you who have allergies especially gluten/coeliac. All our food is local made with fresh ingredients allowing us to change the menu when needed by our customers. We have a big car park and an outside pub garden for those sunny days!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have eaten here a number of times and it's always a pleasure. We were here for a family lunch on Easter Sunday and although they were very busy the service was good and friendly. For a vegetarian the nut roast is delicious and it's great to enjoy well-cooked vegetables and a special veggie gravy with it. The meat eaters were given generous portions and said the meat was excellent. The deserts were also really delicious - we tried one of everything between us and they all looked lovely and tasted great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this constantly first rate establishment.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

On my way home from a long drive, pulled in here to grab a bite to eat. I was hank marvin and yearning for a steak.

busy place, nice cars in the car park, this was looking like a good choice. Very friendly front of house staff, showed me to a table immediately and took my orders.

had a pint of ginger beer, ordered the chicken liver parfait to start and a rib eye medium rare with garlic beurre and a side of veg.

The Parfait was served within 6 minutes from my order, which is good, when you are sat on your own its nice for the food to be served quickly so you dont get bored (or look like a sad loner).

The texture was smooth, light and melted gently in the mouth, it was also seasoned to utter perfection. The relish/chutney, (I cant remember what it was because i barely glanced at the menu) took me by surprise at first, it was sweet, crunchy. I normally prefer a softer chutney with my cold cuts, but this contrast of texture paired with the parfait perfectly. the toast was pretty good too.

my plate was cleared swiftly and my steak was delivered in roughly 12 minutes.

The steak was served with pomme frites, im guessing they cut them in house since they were fantastic. the side salad was actually dressed and seasoned, excellent. (in my home town nobody can cook their way out of a paper bag so to me this was somewhat of a luxury). The steak was perfect, i asked for medium rare and it was more towards the medium side (lol) which is exactly how a rib eye should be cooked. perfectly seasoned, tasted like decent, quality beef as opposed to the bright red, flavourless, dairy cow "steaks" we get in my town. Also seasoned. The garlic butter was good. Onion rings were light, crispy and again, perfectly seasoned.
The side order of veg brought another little tear to my eye.
baby parsnips, chantenays, broccoli. cooked to perfection and finished in butter, possibly even an emulsion of chicken stock and butter. At the risk of repeating myself, these were also perfectly seasoned. But not just seasoned as an after thought, but seasoned internally, throughout. It seems like a little thing to praise a chef for putting salt in their blanching boullion, but when youve been starved of culinary skill, you soon learn to appreciate these subtle, yet important touches.

communication between foh and boh seemed pretty good.
Its the best meal ive eaten 6 months. (that i didnt cook ;)

Im putting this place on my list of places to return to.

I went to pay my bill and thank the staff for a spectacular meal. Asked how many chefs were working tonight and how many covers they had served. 50 covers between 2 chefs. Impressive.

Left a decent tip and bought the chefs a beer each. Its only polite when they put the effort in like that.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Pre booked Saturday night for a meal here whilst staying at Church Farm Country Cottages. Perfect as only a short walk from our accomodation, everyone able to have drink. All made to feel very welcome, adults, children and dog too. Great food and lovely relaxed atmosphere. Even had Happy Birthday sung to me by the whole pub! Thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner last night and the food was superb. Portions were slightly too large for us which meant we could only fit in one dessert which was a shame. Really interesting menu and all beautifully presented. Staff were really great and very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Cherrybsmith
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We were staying nearby and spent an eveneing at this lovely pub. The staff were very good and we were talking amongst ourselves and time had passed by hal an hour after ordering when the staff came to us and apolofgised for the delay - which we hadn't noticed - and gave us a free drink ! was impressed that they apologised and made up for any delay they thought had happneed with a drink. Food was very nice and can recomend this loveley local pub