Review Highlights

Reviewed 24 September 2016
johnpB4598ZG
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
via mobile
A chance to buy your dairy and meat from those who produce it

Reviewed 8 February 2013
Graham B
Devizes, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Very small market but great to support your local Pruduce and buying fresh bread. Milk meat eggs etc would be nice if it was bigger.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Lovely little market with various stalls but it closes around 12 and so I rarely get to see what's available.

Reviewed 8 October 2014

We ALWAYS go to the Farmers Market when it comes to Devizes. Loads of good wholesome food at reasonable prices. Well worth a visit

1  Thank Mohawk1946
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This market is a very small market. We only ever see it during January each year as we pass through. The stall numbers may grow when the weather improves - but I don't know?
The few 'market' stalls that are there sell a variety of produce. The main 'farmer' type stalls are a large lorry style butchers, a very good cheese stall and a fruit and veg stall. There are also a few other general household stalls.
Not worth travelling a long distance to visit it but nice enough if you're in the area.

1  Thank ChrisR49
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have always been a big fan of farmers' markets, we have one ourselves here in Devizes. I was in Warminster not so long ago and was pleased to see the market was set up there. These are mainly small "cottage" producers of meat, fruit and vegetables but you will also find stalls offering olives, herbs, spices, sausages, ham, bacon, butter, cheese, milk, cream, yogurt, eggs, honey and various condiments such as mustards and vinegars. It's almost like an open air delicatessen.

Is it any cheaper than the supermarket? - no, not really, and in some instances it's more expensive but you have the opportunity to see where the goods have come from, most stallholders will give you a taste of whatever it is you are after and of course, it is so fresh.

I can't think of many ways to better spend an hour or so.

4  Thank Graham B