“Limavady's best keep secret, keep it quiet I want...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Views

Picturesque countryside
The Downhill
Mussenden Temple
Enjoy farming life
Enjoy the wonders of nature
The Sperrin Mountains
1 of 4 Bedrooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
PaulMac19...
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Limavady's best keep secret, keep it quiet I want to be able to rent it again and again!”
Reviewed 21 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

My only reluctance in writing this is I may open the flood gates and find it hard to rent it again myself given this review will be an honest account of our fantastic experience.

Frances and William are fantastic hosts who from the first email were so helpful and considerate to our needs.

My wife and I traveled with our 3 children aged 9-13 plus my sister-in-law and and her two daughters. The accommodation is in a beautiful elevated location around 4 miles from Limavady town centre the views are exceptional and while the web page helps paint the picture of what to expect the actual property is way beyond what a web site can portray.

We used taxis as we only stopped for a weekend and would have needed an 8 seater or 2 cars but I would recommend hiring a car.

I'm from Limavady but for those not familiar with the area Limavady is surrounded by areas of outstanding natural beauty with notable highlights being the Giants Causeway, the Antrim coast and the historical City of Londonderry. Golfers will be in heaven with outstanding inland and lynx courses in abundance including the famous Royal Portrush.

The property itself is finished to an incredibly high standard, William and Frances have obviously put huge thought and expense into creating a home from home. Highlights include the games room, the wet rooms and power showers, the views, the overall finish, the mattresses and pillows (I'm an advocate of quality in this area myself and few places meet my expectation - Frances and William your surpassed them!!!)

I know I'm gushing the praise out here but I've stayed in many beautiful hotels and places and I'm fortunate my family and I live in one also. The highest praise I can therefore give is I won't stay anywhere else when I visit Limavady now - so being its available after this review of course!!

Lastly a word of special thanks to William and Frances who went way beyond the expected in their ensuring our stay was 5 star in every sense.

Liked best: Everything absolutely everything
Liked least: Nothing
Large groups
petloverB...
bangor
“Perfect home from home for a holiday!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed in The Views for a week with 4 generations of family - the oldest being 87 - the youngest 8 months and it's just perfect! The house is everything you would want in self catering accommodation, there was nothing that we needed that wasn't there. All the furniture, fittings and equipment are of the highest standard and the beds are very comfortable indeed. Frances and her husband - the owners were there to greet us and show us round with a lovely welcome of fresh scones and chocolates! Even the kitchen cupboards had loads of supplies such as tea, coffee, cooking oil, sauces etc - weve stayed in a lot of self-catering properties and The Views is by far the best!
Talking of views the house has 2- front & back & the sunsets are beautiful. The surrounding area is one of the best to travel round in N.Ireland - from Benone beach through to the Giants Causeway you will never be short of places to go and Limavady itself is a lovely wee town with Hunters Bakery and coffee shop not to be missed!
If you're looking for comfort, lots of space and wonderful scenery go ahead and book The Views -we hope to return again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beds are so comfy!
Liked least: Nothing- everything was thought of.
Your age range 50-64
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
sloane72
Cambridgeshire
“stunning cottage, everything you could possibly want and more”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Absolutely beautiful cottage, Frances and William the owners are lovely people and can't do enough for you, fresh scones , butter, jam and chocolates on arrival. The cottage is stunning with top class furnishings, everything hou could possibly need is inside. We were sorry to leave and will definitely be returning. Can't thank Frances and Will enough for a wonderful relaxing week

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: there was nothing we didn't like
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ala1969
“Beautifully tasteful accomodation in a countryside location within easy reach of north coast tourist attractions”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

The bungalow was stunning we just finished a family of 8 holiday here. On arrival was greeted by host Francis fresh scones with jam and chocolates. We had plenty of space my sons loved the games room and my daughter thought the playroom was fantastic. Got to visit the local in Drumsurn on Monday night for locals playing Irish music. The weather wasn't so good but pretty sure Frances would haves fixed this too if it was within her gift. If we ever return to Northern Ireland wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Shan R
Keighley, United Kingdom
“A brilliant property, very friendly people and a great base for touring Northern Ireland”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Before we even arrived the helpfulness and friendliness of our owner was apparent, this was compounded by the very warm welcome we received when we arrived. The house was excellent for our group, with comfy, open plan living, plus we all had our own bathroom. The views from the property are spectacular and these changed regularly with the moods of the weather.
The position of the property was excellent for the touring we did, which included the Causeway coast, the Roe valley and Belfast and Londonderry. Limavady is close at hand for shops, and on the recommendation of the owner we found lovely places to eat there also. We also experienced a fabulous evening at a local pub listening and joining in with the Irish music.
This property would suit all combinations of parties, as there was so much versatile space including outside space and a super games room for families.
Would highly recommend this property, and we have stayed in many over the years.

Travelling group: Friends
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing