“A Haven of Rest”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Limavady
Uk
“A Haven of Rest”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

From the moment myself and my family arrived at the Roe Park resort we felt the stresses of life slip away and for 3 glorious days we enjoyed the peaceful and calming surroundings of this gem in the beautiful Northern Irish countryside. I live in England and was over visiting my family over the Easter week and so we decided to take a well earn rest in this wondeful hotel. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and the one thing I rate highest on my idea of a great hotel is how much I feel at home - this was exactly the case at this hotel - from the lovely ladies at the front desk who checked us in (especially for finding us an extra room at short notice) to the gentlemen in the golf shop who sorted us out with clubs to use the driving range - everyone was so friendly and welcoming and the hotel itself has a refined yet relaxed feel about it - the rooms where large and very clean and the beds were comfortable. When reading through some of the other reviews I was extremely surprised at one reviewer in particular who made comments about the food - I have to say that we ate in the brasserie and the food was amazing - infact my dad complimented the chef as we were leaving - something I have never heard him do before. I have many friends over in England who would like to visit and tour round our lovely country - and I shall be pointing them in the direction of the Roe Park Resort - keep up the good work everyone.

• Stayed April 2012
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Johanna, Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our most recent stay in this hotel was on Sat 3rd March 2012 and we had the pleasure of staying in room 151 which was called the Lotus Room. This is a luxurious suite with great views over the golf course and a few extras included as standard – please see my pictures. The room is decorated very well with beautiful carpet, sumptuous wallpapers and stunning chandeliers. Within the combined bedroom and living area there is a small gas fire, a fire place, a sofa and matching chair, a coffee table, a plasma TV, a small fridge, a writing desk and chair and a Nespresso® maker. The bed is absolutely huge and it was very comfortable. The bathroom is equally well decorated with high quality fixtures and fittings and a large Jacuzzi bath. There were dressing gowns, slippers and complementary Elemis® products for use. The room was comfortable and cosy for us and we settled in quickly and had a good night’s sleep here. There are plenty of radiators in the room and we were able to adjust the heating to suit ourselves which was advantageous. A couple of minor grips were that we didn’t find the pillows too comfortable and we both slept on the small decorative cushions we found on the bed when we first arrived and there wasn’t very much wardrobe space in comparison to the size of the suite.

After we checked in we went for a walk. The hotel is located just outside Limavady, on the outskirts of the Roe Valley Country Park. There is a forest walk alongside the Roe River which is just beautiful. The place is ideally situated for a real ‘get away from it all’ style break and the hotel manages to capture a relaxing atmosphere very well. After our walk we went to the bar and had some scones and some drinks. The bar has inviting and homely surroundings, with lovely staff. Our scones were freshly baked and absolutely delicious, served with real butter, cream and jam. I had a Baileys® coffee which was made flawlessly, with cream on top and served with fresh shortbread hearts which were divine!

While staying we chose to eat in the Coach House Brasserie and that was probably a mistake - I think Green’s may well be a better choice. Our meal was a very long affair, having arrived at 8.30pm, we didn’t get finished up until 11pm and we didn’t manage to receive our tea and coffee even though it was ordered. The slow service and the food just didn’t suit us at all - unfortunately my husband’s steak was over cooked and our side orders which were’ garlic fries’ and ‘chilli fries’ were simply frozen chips with some sauces on top. Regrettably for us, this is where the hotel really loses out on some points.

Breakfast was served in Green’s until 10.30am, and again, it was just ok for us. We arrived at around 10am and it was very busy and noisy with long queues for the buffet breakfast. The food was hot once we did get it and there was good service on the tables with our tea and coffee arriving almost as soon as we were seated.

Staff throughout our stay were more than friendly and generally a real credit to the resort. Our receptionist was a lovely lady who provided a warm welcome and an equally pleasant departure.

I have also included some photos of the Orchid Suite (room 150) which we had the pleasure of staying in back in November 2011. This room for us was the ultimate in luxury (I think the pictures speak for themselves) and if I were to return to the hotel I would probably request the Orchid Suite once again. Unfortunately we had a few problems during that particular stay. However, I did give my feedback to the general manager and we had a great response from the hotel.

There is a nice atmosphere about this place which the staff certainly add to and I will definitely be back for some afternoon tea in the bar and some of the delicious scones, but I am not 100 % sure that I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book the Orchid suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your detailed review of the Resort. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our luxury suites and thank you for taking the time to take some pictures to share. We will take on boatd your comments regarding the Coach House Brasserie and these will be passed onto the restaurant Manager. We hope to welcome you back to the hote in the future. Kindest Regards, The Staff at Roe Park Resort.
Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We arrived at 1 o clock and waited for 2 hours for rooms to be ready, no problem there. The ate lunch 4 sandwiched and a pot of coffee, expensive. We wanted to eat in the main restaurant but it was closed (Sunday). why, we ate in the other restaurant but the meal was bad, my wife had a stir fry no taste, I had a steak no taste again. My 2 sons had burgers and they were nothing to write home about. The chips were greasy and stodgy. We ate again the next night, I told the manager of our dissatisfaction of previous meal but this meal was still nothing to write home about. There was not one lamb dish on the menu.Breakfast was not great either. I noticed the staff were Radisson Blu uniforms but this is not a Radisson Blu franchise Hotel. The paint in the bathroom was flaked and grime around the bath. I filled out a questionnaire in the 14th February but no one even called to discuss our issues. I will not gi back

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Liambettystown
Dear Liam, Thank you for your review, your comments have been taken on board and will be passed to the relevant departments. I am disappointed your expectations were not met on this particular occassion and we hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future. Best Wishes, Staff at The Roe Park Resort
northern ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed in February and was interested to see if things had changed now the Radisson connection has ended. I am glad to say the service is still excellent. Deirdre and Sharon still make us feel like we are staying with friends! All the staff are happy to throw themselves into the challenge of going it alone as the Roe Park Resort and with George at the helm as manager and Patricia keeping up the standards in respect of dining they will flourish. I look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: Just as an aside, parents should control their children when staying at the hotel especially in the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest , Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort
UK
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Location means everything. The Roe Park is in the Roe Country Park (quite scenic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Roe) and central to an excellent golf course. The hotel also has a Spa which is an attractive addition these days. We stayed a few nights in a Junior Suite and I must say found the experience excellent. Sometimes in Hotels one experiences difficulty with the Internet service but it worked well here. The staff on reception were both pleasant and helpful and breakfast was a pleasant experience; in fact the full Irish breakfast 'set' one up for the rest of the day. The accommodation was spacious and in great condition.. All in all this was fit for a King and we will likely avail of the hotel's offers in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear CD,
Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limavady
32.7 km away
26.2 km away
Adelphi Portrush
Adelphi Portrush
#1 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Roe Park Resort? Share your experiences!