“Your staff are amazing!”
Review of The Moat House Inn

The Moat House Inn
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Price range: USD 7 - USD 29
Cuisines: Pizza, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Moat House Inn will be serving grills, steaks from our wood fired oven and authentic Italian pizzas. And of course, we'll be offering all the other delicious food and drink you've come to expect from a lovely pub
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went with a small party to celebrate my daughter's 20th birthday. I had in advance organised a surprise cake, balloons etc and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in setting everything up. They were intuitive and engaged and the evening went off brilliantly. I was very impressed - to the extent that when they boxed up the remains of the cake to take home, they had wrapped the box of matches I'd brought for the candles in clingfilm when they put them in the box to avoid them getting covered in cake during transit!
Small things but a clear indication of the care they took. Just great staff - you should be very proud of them.
Also the offers on the menu were great value. the food and general service of the highest standard. The place was packed - with staff like that - it should be.
We often return from evenings out feeling fairly neutral about these things. Your guys made a fantastic change. Well done.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Could ask for much better!!
The staff are always so friendly and helpful.
If I’m ever stuck for what to order they always have recommendations and they never fail!

This visit was with a bunch of girls so we took full advantage of the Gin Cocktails and also the Cocktail special which was Rum and Blackberry absolutely delicious.

Can’t wait to return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here with a friend 13th September...visited many times before but everything was just off on this night!! We arrived around 6.30pm and asked for a table for 2...we were asked if we had booked...we hadn't and were told unfortunately they were fully booked for the whole evening (restaurant was not even half full) the only option was to go to the bar area which was first come first served. We hadn't got much choice but to head the bar as we had been dropped off so we could take advantage of the prosecco offer. If we had have driven we would have easily gone elsewhere. I had actually looked around 6pm online to see if they had tables left so thought no need to book. I managed to book a table online for 8.15pm whilst sat in the bar...even though they were apparently fully booked all night. We were quite happy with drinking in the bar and catching up for an hour or so. Went to our table at 8.15pm, took 10 mins to be seated, after 30 minutes of no-one coming over to take drink orders I had to go and find someone to take our order as we kept getting missed and people who were seated after us were served before us. I wouldn't normally complain but this was ridiculous and was more apparent as our drinks were running low! Once we got served both food/drinks came out at a good pace and food was of good quality. It was just a real shame about the service. When we were paying for the bill we were asked how everything was...we said ok. The waitress then went on to tell us how they had so many complaints that night and it was a mess...in the end we ended up agreeing. Apparently the restaurant staff was cut down to 2 rather than 4 and they could just simply not cope with the amount of people arriving. It now seems that when we first arrived they were only allowing bookings and turning away walk-ins...not exactly great for business. I would return again and would recommend as food is good... just be prepared for extremley slow service!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the moat house on the 12th of September to ask my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaid.... the service was shocking ... it took so long for our drinks to come slow slow slow! Weirdly I was there the next night due to a friend booking there leaving meal there that I commited too. Even though the service was bad for me I didn’t mind revisiting the next night as usually it’s good thinking it was a one off...
I thought wrong ... the service was even worse !! It was embarrassing it was that bad! It’s a shame the food is good but drinks took forever and so did the food??? I don’t know what’s happened ... change in staff or management but it is shocking. We booked the table at 8 and we didn’t get seated till 9 then didn’t eat till 10
I am disappointed and I am defo not the only customer that feels this way!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived at 4.30pm without a reservation.
Staff very welcoming and friendly.
Showed us straight to our table and took drinks order.
Ordered roast beef.... delicious!
Just a shame our drinks didn’t arrive until we had nearly finished our meals after prompting.
Will definitely be back again soon !