“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came here because it was dog friendly, and it was, dogs allowed and bowls of water provided....food for the humans was disappointing...we normally eat in the harbour/Ramore who don’t do dog friendly eating. I think I would rather leave my furry friend at home next time or else just do fish and chips from Mr chips! I suspect the food and service would be better. My 8 yr old daughter pointed out how miserable our server was “mummy why doesn’t she smile”! When food arrived we were missing relish for the burger, sauce for the chicken and flatbread for the curry. The waiter returned after 10min (at least) with a plate of relish, sauce...and a tortilla “ that’s not flatbread” according to my 12yr old. He was right. Love the fact that its dog friendly, maybe just stick to a dog friendly environment to enjoy a glass of wine or pint in the future...not to eat!

2  Thank mumof2chn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,979)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Seated at 5 Got starter at 6.05. After asking twice for it. Main meal arrived in comparatively reasonable time but again had to wait 45 minutes for dessert. Again we had to ask or we may have been still waiting. There 3 hours in total.

Too bad as meal was reasonably priced and very nice. Place was packed so they are probably not bothered. if they sorted the service this would be a great place. Doubt I'll be back...

2  Thank JohnMccracken
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the 55 Degrees cafe, we sat outside on the viranda which seemed nice at first glance the table we sat at was very dirty, we had to go get our own menus which was fair enough, i ordered a prawn open sandwich, my partner had a panni and a portion of chips seperate, my son had chicken gougons and chips, my prawn sandwich was absolutely terrible, the prawns were chewy and no flavour in the end my partner asked for lemon to see if it would help but they only had slices of lime which i used as desperation, my partners panni wasnt toasted, it was luke warm and soggy, his chips were cold, service was terrible, i had to ask someone to come and clean our table beforehand, he had the cheek to ask me which part of the table i wanted cleaned, i said the whole table needed cleaned, the food was so bad we complained and got most of our money back, never had to do this in my life and we out regularly, worst food ive ever had, will never eat there again

3  Thank juleslola
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic location with incredible views. Friendly staff and a great local menu with range of special offers.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived today at 6:30 , Seated at the window with a lovely view. Sat for 25 minutes before being asked for our meal choices. Placed our order and asked if we could place a drinks order. Waited 15 minutes for our drinks. Unfortunately we were not asked again for any further drinks orders. We Asked multiple times for a jug of water for the table. Never received it during the two hour visit. Had 4 different staff tend our table during our visit. Side dishes and sauces arrived 20!minutes after the main meals arrived to the table despite 3 requests made to 2 different staff members about side dishes.
Lady at table behind us had to physically stand up and wave her hands about to get attention.
Lovely meal fouled by poor service / understaffing.

2  Thank Matthew B