“So disappointed - what a shock!”
Review of The Harbour Bistro

The Harbour Bistro
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Portrush
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Such a disappointment in the usually professional and friendly staff. Having been a faithful customer for the past 20 odd years, I brought my son and soon to be daughter-in-law (from Bonny Scotland) for a meal yesterday evening. Was told on arrival, that it would be a 45 min to an hour wait for a LOW table as opposed to high bench. We opted for this and sure enough after a crammed wait upstairs, we were called within the hour only to be shown to a HIGH bench. I reminded the maitre d’ that we had requested low table and he said “ Well you will have to wait another 20 mins”. I could have wept, I was so hungry. 20 mins later we were shoved into a tight space but glad of the seats. Shortly after a waiter appeared holding a notebook, never uttered a word and looked at us as if he couldn’t be bothered. We gave him the order, got our delicious food but had no knives with which to eat. Asked politely for knives and I was reached 3 knives, blades pointing at me, no napkin to cover them so I had to take them from him by the blades. Could not believe his ignorance.
I can only describe our treatment like ‘ there are more important people here than yourselves’ attitude which made me feel very inferior.
Sorry to say that after all these years, I will think twice about rushing back to what WAS my favourite restaurant in my home town of Portrush.

6  Thank Jennifer639_12

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Recommended by our host, superb food, plenty of choice with a lively atmosphere.
Staff very attentive.
We chose the fish pie and the bang bang chicken giro, all delicious and arrived without too long a wait.
Reasonable prices for both food and wine.
This is part of a harbour building containing 4/5 different restaurants. We went on a Thursday night and it was buzzing, would advise booking in advance.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We had the grilled salmon and the seafood thermidor, both of which were great. Nicely decorated bar and grill with a lively atmosphere. Very busy at the weekend as a result, expect to wait for an hour before sitting to eat. Could probably do with a few more interesting beers on tap!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I mean that literally because if I had died right after dessert I would have went out on a high (sugar high).
We had some wonderful steaks here and the cheesecake was amazing. A very very busy place but service was still speedy and very pleasant. Very highly recommended!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Neither I nor my wife have ever been disappointed with the food here. We make the Harbour our first port of call when going for a meal.